Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ElectrifiedOutdoors.com
Vehicles
23 R1T (Limestone), 23 R1S (El Cap)
Clubs

Where did you get these battery pack figures? I have never been clear on the actual useable numbers - 128, 130, whatever. I always assumed it was about 135 gross with maybe 130 useable, but I really don’t know.
141 kwh gross was taken from three large battery packs labels. These were from crash tested vehicles and were at a local salvage yard.

131 kwh is from the EPA documents. Initially, large pack only had about 126 kwh usable. Through software updates Rivian unlocked additional capacity. That amount they unlocked wasn't revealed until they resubmitted EPA cert for large pack on dual motor.

There have also been range tests since then confirming. Rivian updated EPA range when they unlocked the additional capacity as well which now puts quad with 21" R1T at 328 mi EPA range.

Rivian R1T R1S Towing data from two summers on the road with R1T & Travel Trailer 1000004347

Rivian R1T R1S Towing data from two summers on the road with R1T & Travel Trailer 1000004348
Sponsored

Last edited:

Singletracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T w/AT 20”
141 kwh gross was taken from three large battery packs labels. These were from crash tested vehicles and were at a local salvage yard.

131 kwh is from the EPA documents. Initially, large pack only had about 126 kwh usable. Through software updates Rivian unlocked additional capacity. That amount they unlocked wasn't revealed until they resubmitted EPA cert for large pack on dual motor.

There have also been range tests since then confirming. Rivian updated EPA range when they unlocked the additional capacity as well which now puts quad with 21" R1T at 328 mi EPA range.
That’s great info! This has always been a bit of mystery, to me. Thank you for posting.