Sponsored
Status
Not open for further replies.

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek
TLDR thread but I'm not visiting Glacier National Park any time soon. Nearest service center is in Bellevue WA, 545 miles away. Too far for AAA, to far for Rivian. (and yes I checked, Salt Lake and Denver are even farther).

Won't matter anyway, by the time I get my R1S this policy along with every other policy will have changed. I'm starting to feel the frustration so many others have. Did Tesla go through this crap too?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Then that is their choice. No one else refuses to share the software and specs. Rivian isn’t alone in offering air suspension. I don’t think this is a problem with other brands.
I don't think other brands are as aggressive about adjusting, especially if the vehicle is not being actively driven. There was a post a while ago someone posted from their re-alignment.... here
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/camber-caster-toe-and-underbody-shield.5571/#post-149687

Shows what the Rivian specs are. Feel free to have an independent do your alignment.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
The service ticket my truck is currently in an SC for is ticket number 54###. You got to be Sh!tting me if there doing a sequential numbering scheme starting at ticket #1. No wonder they want to start charging - covering the cost of shipping/picking up and dropping off some 30,000 vehicle service appointments (even if 50% of people drop cars off, I'm betting most don't) means about 60000 trips - they're hemorrhaging money.

So maybe some of this will slow down if they start to actually put panels where they're supposed to be and aligned like they supposed to be, and they pay attention to quality control. Who had the truck with the driver floor mat stamped upside down/mirror image so it didn't sit right, yet was delivered - F-ing embarrassing!
I don't have my truck yet, but I understand Rivian is encouraging you opening a ticket for each problem. Especially if deferred until you "bring it in". It does seem like some tickets have more than one problem, but if I understand correctly several problems and therefore tickets could be open for the same physical visit as additional items are found.

Wrong?

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
I'll drive it into Brooklyn...

If it's in-warranty repairs, Rivian should be paying for my $200ish dollar Uber back to Central NJ, and another $200ish Uber back to Brooklyn when its ready to be picked up.

I think that would be a fair approach...

rjdoc74

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100D
Occupation
MD
They are following in Tesla's footsteps VERY QUICKLY. Back in the day, you got a performance loaner every time car was in service. Then came the Uber credits. Now Uber credits are going away and are replaced with "same day service"- you can sit and wait for your car to get done or you can pay for your own transportation... Rivian learned quick!

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

They are following in Tesla's footsteps VERY QUICKLY. Back in the day, you got a performance loaner every time car was in service. Then came the Uber credits. Now Uber credits are going away and are replaced with "same day service"- you can sit and wait for your car to get done or you can pay for your own transportation... Rivian learned quick!
It's a different world right now. Good luck getting a loaner from legacy dealers too.

rjdoc74

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100D
Occupation
MD
It's a different world right now. Good luck getting a loaner from legacy dealers too.

Not fully true. My wife drives a G wagon (which I hate with passion now- waiting for Rivian to replace it) and check engine light comes on literally every month; they can't figure it out. Every month I get a loaner. No questions asked.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Not fully true. My wife drives a G wagon (which I hate with passion now- waiting for Rivian to replace it) and check engine light comes on literally every month; they can't figure it out. Every month I get a loaner. No questions asked.
Are they giving you a g wagon as the loaner? Before covid my chevy dealer gave me a rental for non-warranty issues every time I was there, even if my service was only going to take an hour. Last year when I needed service, they had nothing even for a several hour warranty issue. They told me that before going in.

Rivian is least setting me up with a rental car for my service tomorrow.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Keep in mind that Rivian claimed they were going to be “a different kind of car company”

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Keep in mind that Rivian claimed they were going to be “a different kind of car company”
Was that before or after the IPO?

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
Acura dealer always has a loaner ready for me. Jeep dealer too.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
This sounds like an excellent way to generate a class action lawsuit

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That is not my experience. We still have a Volvo and they always offer to come pick it up at our house if we want, and if we bring it in they're quick to offer us a loaner. I've been annoyed, at times, that the loaners are bottom-spec vehicles, but they are still giving us a same-brand loaner vehicle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.