First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
EDIT: Adding fee I was quoted:

$55 base fee, plus $6.50/mile.

FYI - as of 10/06/2022, Rivian is now charging customers a towing fee to and from a Rivian Service Center, regardless of reason for service center visit.

Let me tell you how much this rubs me the wrong way. I'm in Northern Virginia and our closest center was the Bethesda/Rockville location, which is temporarily closed. The vehicle now has to go to the Richmond Service Center, which is a 200 mile drive one way. I had an appointment that was scheduled a week ago for October 13 - no fee for the tow. Since I have to reschedule the appointment, I was informed that the appointment is to be cancelled and rescheduled, which will incur a fee

Just a heads up for everyone moving forward. Make your voices heard on this. I'm in firm believe that if the vehicle is going to the service center due to issues that are out of owner's control, there should be no fee for this - especially for those with alignment or wheel balance issues, as well as those who live 2-5 hours from a Rivian Service Center.
Wow! I was under the impression that the only center for the DMV was in Richmond. They best open that Bethesda center right back up if they're going to stick with this policy. My excitement (and patience) is beginning to wane especially when there are other options (cough Tesla, cough). But, I guess since mine isn't coming for 3 years (based on other's experiences) someone at Rivian will have seen what a bonehead move this was and reverse course.
Sponsored

hugebob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord
CONFIRMED!

Me: I read that whether warranty or not, if the vehicle has to be towed to a service center, there would a towing fee.

Rivian Rep: That is correct. At this time. We are only covering tows for vehicles that are not drivable due to a warranty-related issue. If the vehicle is drivable then you will have to bring it to the service center, if it is not a mobile visit. If you would like the vehicle to be towed to the service center and it is drivable, the tow will be customer pay at this time.

Lpotter86

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

This whole thread is giving me PTSD. I worked for Tesla Service in Michigan from 2016-2020 and opened the first Service Center for Tesla in Michigan.

I burned out and don’t think I can ever work in vehicle service again.

Status
Not open for further replies.