Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
We've been thinking of small trailers for our R1T. Most small trailers don't have an inside kitchen or bathroom, which are two things I like to have, since most of the places we go are in mega-mosquito country. This little trailer might be a good option, but there's still that "range hit" issue when towing keeping us from making a decision. WE NEED THE THAT FOREVER-FRUSTRATING INFRA-STRUCTURE before this is a good solution for us.

Rivian Towing Tab 320S Teardrop Trailer

Sponsored

CharonPDX

First Name
Charon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mach-E, Arcimoto FUV, Repl: F-250/Model S
Occupation
InfoSec Geek
Clubs

Nice! I need to convince my wife to downgrade to something like that. Our behemoth drops us under 1 mi/kWh:
Rivian R1T R1S Tow Test - Rivian R1T & nuCamp TAB 320 S Boondock Teardrop Trailer lg9tfgr5ayl91

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
I can’t wait to see how it tows my Airstream 23cb, it’s only 4700lbs and pretty aerodynamic. A Basecamp might be a good option @Lil'O Annie since relatively small with an indoor kitchen.

Rivian R1T R1S Tow Test - Rivian R1T & nuCamp TAB 320 S Boondock Teardrop Trailer 747F7981-E827-4FCB-9F78-8A29CF339A47

OP
OP
Lil'O Annie

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I can’t wait to see how it tows my Airstream 23cb, it’s only 4700lbs and pretty aerodynamic. A Basecamp might be a good option @Lil'O Annie since relatively small with an indoor kitchen.

747F7981-E827-4FCB-9F78-8A29CF339A47.jpeg
Yea...we've looked at the Basecamp, but I just don't like price or interior look of the Airstreams.

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yea...we've looked at the Basecamp, but I just don't like price or interior look of the Airstreams.
Lance makes really nice small trailers, well built and four season. They are more reasonably priced than the airstreams, might check them out. Good luck!

Sponsored

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Thanks for sharing. I think I am still of the attitude that if need to stop more than once while towing to recharge (or refuel) on my way to a destination, especially for several trips, ICE is still probably the way to go, at least for me. Max pack would help, but probably not significantly so.

Kuro-Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1969 BMW 2002
If you don't like interior it's hard to get past that. But long term cost of ownership with the Basecamp may be cheaper than going with less expensive options.

A place near where I store my rv sells a hard sided popup called ALiner. Took quick look a while ago and was impressed. Had a toilet and kitchen. Seemed like decent build quality. Check it out.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
New one from NuCamp: Barefoot - nuCamp RV

Might just bite the bullet and go HCT, light with the best toilet option ( Laveo™ Dry Flush Electric Toilet | The Waterless Toilet (dry-flush.com). HTC: Light Travel Trailers | The Traveler | Happier Camper

If you are going to a campsite with electrical hookups, you can recharge or 'top off' your truck there. We did that this past summer tent camping. Lots of WA State Parks have electrical hookups. That's a real range extender.
Absolutely the best thing ever is a campsite with electrical hookups.

Sadly these days those sites are the first to be filled up so its more of a bonus then something one can rely on.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Here is my simple wish list for a tear drop style camper to tow with my Rivian R1T

I want at least 200 miles range in the summer
I want to relocate my iKamper Mini 3 to it
I want the camper to have a toilet
I want the camper capable of off-road to some degree

Last edited:

Sponsored

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
Absolutely the best thing ever is a campsite with electrical hookups.

Sadly these days those sites are the first to be filled up so its more of a bonus then something one can rely on.
Reserve works in WA...best to plan ahead

Tucker74

First Name
Tucker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Here is my simple wish list for a tear drop style camper

I want at least 200 miles range in the summer
I want to relocate my iKamper Mini 3 to it
I want the camper to have a toilet
I want the camper capable of off-road to some degree
That’s the problem with most teardrops, no toilet and outdoor kitchen. Why I was recommending the Basecamp, even has a wet shower. The TAXA campers check most of those boxes, have seen RTTs mounted on them too. I just went all in on a 23’ Airstream, room for 4 with full bath and pulls nice with the tandem axles. We’ll see on the range part -

Rivian R1T R1S Tow Test - Rivian R1T & nuCamp TAB 320 S Boondock Teardrop Trailer 144E9EDF-5B80-4BFF-BA87-71A1E0075BE8

Thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That’s the problem with most teardrops, no toilet and outdoor kitchen. Why I was recommending the Basecamp, even has a wet shower. The TAXA campers check most of those boxes, have seen RTTs mounted on them too. I just went all in on a 23’ Airstream, room for 4 with full bath and pulls nice with the tandem axles. We’ll see on the range part -

144E9EDF-5B80-4BFF-BA87-71A1E0075BE8.jpeg
I get about 1mi/kw towing my 20’ 7000lb trailer.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer

144E9EDF-5B80-4BFF-BA87-71A1E0075BE8.jpeg
I'm looking forwards to hearing stories about R1T owners with the Basecamp. Especially when it comes to range.

I'll probably try to rent a Basecamp to try it out.

Right now I have a 2019 Winnebago Revel