Sponsored

Tow hooks now included with Adventure

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I just noticed that the tow hooks, which were previously only available as part of the $2K off-road package, are standard equipment on the Adventure model. Also, if you get an Explorer model, it’s a $300 add on. That was the only option I wanted that I previously lacked but I did not want to spend $2k for them. Correct me if I am wrong but I think this was part of the whole new pricing that came out last week. I wonder if these tow hooks will stay free for us who preordered before March 1, 2022 or will they try to take them back. Seems unlikely that they would have different builds to ensure they don’t give away those tow hooks. Seems a little petty. If they stay on, my R1S will be exactly as I want it.
Sponsored

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Its hard to say for sure since I'm not Rivian making the decision. But in my case I also had the Off Road package picked primarily for the tow hooks. Since they're currently building Adventure package equipped vehicles I'd think tow hooks would be included since they're physically part of the build. If not would they really spend the effort to remove them on a vehilce by vehicle basis? For what little it's worth I had a chat with CS that basically said the same, the tow hooks are now apart of the Adventure package. Once pricing is reverted the only change I intend to make is to remove the Off Road package and save the added weight and cost.

Edit: Spoke with CS not long ago and they mentioned that if I make any change to the "new" options I'd have my whole order shift to the increased pricing. So removing the "old" $2k Off Road package in an attempt to save that money because the two hooks are included in the "new" Adventure package means I'd have to accept all the "new" pricing. So my order would look the same as someone ordering on 3/1. Hopefully that makes sense to all. Figured it was worth checking again after yesterday's email.

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
I think when Rivian says they will be “restoring” our prices back to our previous price/ configuration, that is exactly what will happen. I assume we will be locked in, possibly without access to the new configurator which didn’t exist before last Tuesday. I certainly don’t expect them to give us a break on the price AND a discount on the tow hooks. In their minds the additional options were the compromise for the increase, as bad as it was…

I didn’t actually have the tow hooks on my configuration because I felt like it was too much to spend just to get the tow hooks. The extra cladding underneath was just overkill for my usage.

We’ll see what happens!

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I'll happily pay the $300 to add tow hooks to my pre-3/1 Adventure R1S, but if Rivian wants to throw them in for free to streamline the construction of the vehicles, I'm good with that too.

OP
OP

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Its hard to say for sure since I'm not Rivian making the decision. But in my case I also had the Off Road package picked primarily for the tow hooks. Since they're currently building Adventure package equipped vehicles I'd think tow hooks would be included since they're physically part of the build. If not would they really spend the effort to remove them on a vehilce by vehicle basis? For what little it's worth I had a chat with CS that basically said the same, the tow hooks are now apart of the Adventure package. Once pricing is reverted the only change I intend to make is to remove the Off Road package and save the added weight and cost.

Edit: Spoke with CS not long ago and they mentioned that if I make any change to the "new" options I'd have my whole order shift to the increased pricing. So removing the "old" $2k Off Road package in an attempt to save that money because the two hooks are included in the "new" Adventure package means I'd have to accept all the "new" pricing. So my order would look the same as someone ordering on 3/1. Hopefully that makes sense to all. Figured it was worth checking again after yesterday's email.
Whoa. So you pretty much can’t make changes to your build now or that would trigger the new pricing across your entire order? Seems drastic.

Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
Whoa. So you pretty much can’t make changes to your build now or that would trigger the new pricing across your entire order? Seems drastic.
And seems to contradict what other CS agents have said. So I think we will need to wait and see.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

no. you only trigger the new prices if your order something introduced on 3/1 (eg dual motor)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Let's all play a game and just wait and see what happens when things are updated.

Attesan997

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Let's all play a game and just wait and see what happens when things are updated.
I agree and should’ve been more clear in my response. I’ve spoken to two CS reps and received completely contradictory feedback. Hopefully my experience saves someone else the time because asking for CS clarification on this may not be helpful at the moment.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
So far, it seems new options are at the new prices, ones available in your preorder config are at the previous prices.

So you could change colour or wheels or whatever and still get the old price.

Ralph

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Outback
I understand that speculating doesn't really get us closer to any real answers.

But we may not have to wait the "weeks" that Rivian estimates to update the configurator with the old prices to get some insight.

I'd imagine at least the owners of at least a few of the 1000 or so vehicles being delivered currently are members of this forum. And that at least a few of them will need to deal with a spec change of some sort.

It may (or may not!) be good for prospective owners to think about the possibilities prior to hearing from a guide.
Sponsored