First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco, 23 Outback, 23 R1T quad
Occupation
Medical Sales
I was looking for some storage ideas for my Rivian R1 T. My goal is to be able to have something that fits under the frunk as well as under the tonneau when it ever arrives lol…

I found this new brand at my local Lowe’s and based on its measurements, I decided to give it a try. I knew if it did not work I could just bring it back and did not have to worry about re-packaging and sending something back in the mail. As you know, fittings things under the tonneau are a challenge, also trying to fit things in the frunk are limited and you need to be creative if you’re trying to store and also carry a cooler, etc. I found the size of these to be perfect for the truck and hopefully these are some ideas you may or may not be able to apply to your own uses. Primarily, I do a lot of fly fishing and camping, as well as basic truck things… and I thought this was a good way to store things securely and be able to move them around the vehicle knowing that they will fit in every space. I will let the photographs do the talking because there are a lot of interesting features on these that I’m sure you can google yourself. One thing I found is that these two coolers which are pictured in the color white will fit under the frunk as well as inside the gear tunnel.

One other great feature is everything fits under the tonneau.

When not needed I can snap them all back together, stack them and store neatly in garage. I also feel these are very fairly priced, very sturdy and rugged.

Here are the pics!

Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7951
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7950
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7949
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7948
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7946
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7940
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7942
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7941
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7943
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7939
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7938
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7936
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7935
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7932
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7930
Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7931

Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_7941

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

Nice find! Thanks for sharing.

whizzkidd

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Cocaine White w/ Black Mountain on 20” AT
I’ve been a Milwaukee guy since I was old enough to buy my own* tools which usually has me biased towards their Packout line. I wouldn’t have thought about stuffing a cooler in the gear tunnel. I’m gonna have to try what I have in the garage to see how it fits in comparison to your toughbuilt. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

N7Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Mazdaspeed 3 | 2023 R1T
Clubs

Nifty find. I have to check them out.

Sponsored

R1SFamilyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5
Occupation
I do software things
RIVN, LOW 🚀 🌕

Supratachophobia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Clubs

I’ve been a Milwaukee guy since I was old enough to buy my old tools which usually has me biased towards their Packout line. I wouldn’t have thought about stuffing a cooler in the gear tunnel. I’m gonna have to try what I have in the garage to see how it fits in comparison to your toughbuilt. Thanks for posting.
Let me know how it goes with the world's most expensive cooler in the frunk. Seems the size of the large packout when I put them side by side.

mrodriguez

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Highlander, '23 R1S FG/FE/20" Dark
Occupation
Finance
Clubs

I’m always torn on these. My camp set up is three basic totes (those yellow top ones), two RTIC coolers, and tent crap loosely thrown in. One tote has kitchen stuff, one bags/blankets, and one other basic crap. I feel like I have wasted space in them but I don’t want to combine camp “crap” in the kitchen tote. Meanwhile they take up decent space in the R1S. I want to pack more efficiently and organized. I love organization so it kills me when I look at those totes with everything just thrown in. Then I consider something like this and I look at the price and think that’s overkill for camping. I also think I cannot really store the bags/blankets in even stuffed down. I think I need to create a post for everyone’s solutions.

Anywho…these look great.

Epzey

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
That’s awesome all the boxes fit. I already had a bunch of Packout gear and some of the tool boxes fit height wise and some don’t.

Epzey

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I’ve been a Milwaukee guy since I was old enough to buy my old tools which usually has me biased towards their Packout line. I wouldn’t have thought about stuffing a cooler in the gear tunnel. I’m gonna have to try what I have in the garage to see how it fits in comparison to your toughbuilt. Thanks for posting.
the cooler similar to the ammo can toolbox should fit. I have the toolbox and it fits in the gear tunnel. You can stack two of the briefcase style toolboxes in the frunk but not a briefcase and tote syle toolbox. The bins fit with a wood work table on them though which is nice. With everything I have Packout wise it seems the things I want to fit in the frunk don’t in the configuration I prefer but much of the Packout stuff does.

I have an ecoflow cooler i think it fits in the frunk without the shelf. But if you don’t have other things in their eco system it may not be worth the 800. I keep it in the bed and use the gear cable to lock it up.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

These look great, I have my camping setup with the Milwaukee Packouts but I like how these look better than the red containers, they also look a little beefier.

Once they fill out their product line up I might take a closer look myself.

cdweller0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, R1T
The ammo box included tray also fits on top of the box in the tunnel and doesn’t fall off while driving. I use it for quick access to ratchet straps since I do a lot of furniture moving

AtomicRiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Media
Did someone mention the world’s most expensive cooler? It fits the frunk just fine.

Rivian R1T R1S Toughbuilt (Lowe’s) StackTech = Frunk & Bed Storage Solution for R1T / R1S IMG_1297

anotherburrito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3 LR + Boost
I have these, not the cooler, but I love the brand. It's well-built and cheaper than the Milwaukee stuff. They have a huge range of stuff coming out. I see more every time I hit up Lowes.
Sponsored