Sponsored

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep, couple farm trucks and too many farm toys
It appears we are in the market for our 2nd R1S after our car was hit in the side at a stop sign. We are finalizing information with our insurance company and the Rivian certified collision shop and should have confirmation soon.

Our car was in an accident on 3/30 coming home from school. A car turning right onto the road we were stopped at made a wide turn and hit us in the rear driver's side door. The impact was taken largely from the rear wheel.

At first, the repair shop wasn't aware, but later confirmed the frame was damaged and would need to be replaced. The current estimate for the repairs are $63,300 which exceeds the threshold to total loss the car.

Pics are below of the damage. We already have a deposit for the next car and should be granted access to the configurator and R1 shop shortly.

Our preorder date was 1/4/19 and we took delivery of the car 1,446-days later.

Hoping the 2nd Rivian comes a lot sooner than the 1st!

Rivian R1T R1S Totaled R1S after side impact accident at stop sign R1S accident

Rivian R1T R1S Totaled R1S after side impact accident at stop sign Wheel closeu
Sponsored

bgoldber88

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T LE, 2021 BMW X3 PHEV
Occupation
Engineer
Ugh I'm so sorry. Hope everyone in the car was ok.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Sorry to hear. Hope you folks are ok.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
It appears we are in the market for our 2nd R1S after our car was hit in the side at a stop sign. We are finalizing information with our insurance company and the Rivian certified collision shop and should have confirmation soon.

Our car was in an accident on 3/30 coming home from school. A car turning right onto the road we were stopped at made a wide turn and hit us in the rear driver's side door. The impact was taken largely from the rear wheel.

At first, the repair shop wasn't aware, but later confirmed the frame was damaged and would need to be replaced. The current estimate for the repairs are $63,300 which exceeds the threshold to total loss the car.

Pics are below of the damage. We already have a deposit for the next car and should be granted access to the configurator and R1 shop shortly.

Our preorder date was 1/4/19 and we took delivery of the car 1,446-days later.

Hoping the 2nd Rivian comes a lot sooner than the 1st!
our R1T was totaled last month by a drunk driver. Just make sure your insurance makes you whole. There is no reason for you to get a poor assessment on the value of your R1S. If you don't agree with the amount of the check they are sending you, tell them to find you one for the amount they are offering you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
our R1T was totaled last month by a drunk driver. Just make sure your insurance makes you whole. There is no reason for you to get a poor assessment on the value of your R1S. If you don't agree with the amount of the check they are sending you, tell them to find you one for the amount they are offering you.
Ouch, sorry to hear about your loss also! They are aware of the current R1S price (non-preorder) and are using that as replacement value. Still in talks of final numbers but they have been great thus far.

Our underinsurance is covering 75% of the loss.

jeeden

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Explorer Limited, 2015 Ford Mustang GT
Occupation
Project Manager
Clubs

Hey, I'm not too far from you OP (In Purcellville). Sorry to hear about this. Sounds like the other driver was definitely at fault so as mentioned, make sure they are giving you full replacement value on the R1S along with compensation for the inconvenience, rental cars, etc. As mentioned, most important is that everyone is ok.

For those not in the know, VA does require everyone to have insurance (of course some people cheat, or are from nearby states that don't require it) so hopefully the replacement goes smoothly and not on your insurance.

Southern R1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S (LE/GW/OC/20"AT), Lexus GX 460 Luxury
Occupation
Builder
Sorry to see this OP but glad to see the truck did it's job and kept you all safe.

Hope that insurance does you right and you're back on the road in an R1S as soon as possible.

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
Damn that sucks, sorry man. Same thing happen to me with my Tellurdie. Ordered, waited 6months, and only 3months in someone ran a red light and blind sided me. All this during pandemic.

It wasn't totaled but I knew I didn't want to keep a car with wreck on it. So I ordered a new one immediately. Repairs took 6months, new one arrived after 9months.

Got rid of wrecked one for the amount I paid for a new one, this was during pandemic so folks were desperate for cars. I lucked out.

Rivian R1T R1S Totaled R1S after side impact accident at stop sign 2021-07-30 at 8.13.30 PM-1

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

Do you have Rivian insurance? Curious what the process for getting a replacement is if one doesn’t have Rivian/nationwide.

SDH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Did i read that right, the driver turned right and went wide into you?? How do you turn right and hit a massive SUV??

I am staggered by the standard of driving in this country. I presume she/he must have been DUI?

itselectric

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evhelphub.com
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope everyone is fine, I know some times those whiplash effects can kick in late but hopefully not.

Fingers crossed you get your next R1S s00n!

OP
OP

underkuver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Do you have Rivian insurance? Curious what the process for getting a replacement is if one doesn’t have Rivian/nationwide.
We have Nationwide Private Client. In initial discussions with my agent she claimed they are great at total replacement value. For pricing, I sent them the configurator showing the current $101K price vs our original purchase price of $82K.

Good to know who covers Rivian's insurance! Did not know until you posted...
Sponsored