First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Thank you. I feel so dumb. Right now in the garage it reads 84. I’m guessing once you engage it you can set the temp??
Yours is the first white one I’ve seen. What mode do you normally drive in? How do you use regen?
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Thank you. I feel so dumb. Right now in the garage it reads 84. I’m guessing once you engage it you can set the temp??

I forget how it goes because I haven't had to use it recently but I think it goes to last known temp you have in the car or a "comfortable temp" based on outside.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Hi all,

Took delivery of my R1S at El Segundo facility. First off, very impressive facility and the employees are super nice and friendly. Scott was my deliver team member. I got there about 45 minutes early for my appt. It was the only S on the lot. Very cool in some stupid way. I walked around it and enjoyed the experience. Lots of oxytocin being released. LOL

We went over the car. Too much info to digest in just an hour +. Got on the road and went to charge my phone and sadly the wireless charging pad does not work. Or let’s put it this way, I’m not sure where I needed to configure it? Or do I need to configure it? Other than that, the paint looked great. The ride home was awesome. A guy in a Tesla was behind me filming my S. The drive on PCH was awesome! One early observation. Conserve mode mileage gains are real. In sport, I was at 190 miles, In conserve I was at 220 miles. Conserve is for grannies though. There was enough power, but I”m spoiled from my Tesla M3P. Once I switched to sport mode, the SUV launched. It felt amazing moving such a heavy vehicle at Tesla speeds. I”ll keep posting as I learn more about the S. Would Love feedback on the wireless charging. Do I need to set it up or should the charge deck surface just work?

So worth the wait.
so nothing broken, not working or needs fixing? thats your title but you dont mention anything other than the wireless pad.

love is blind perhaps?

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
so nothing broken, not working or needs fixing? thats your title but you dont mention anything other than the wireless pad.

love is blind perhaps?
Actually the dome lights in the car are set to turn off once I exit but they don’t. So I had to go into the software and turn off the lights. Second the car does not lock or open when I walk away or approach. I can control thru the app. I’m not a key fob guy so I want the phone to be my access tool. Key fob is huge.

Sponsored

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
About the wireless charging, I don't think there is a place to switch on and off. Your phone and phone case have much to do with it. When I pickup my R1S, i had a iPhone 11 with a leather case with my DL on the back, the wireless charging worked no matter where on the charging pad. Two days later I switched to iPhone 14 pro, with the Apple MagSafe leather case with nothing on the back; there is only one small area on the charging pad would work. :(

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Actually the dome lights in the car are set to turn off once I exit but they don’t. So I had to go into the software and turn off the lights. Second the car does not lock or open when I walk away or approach. I can control thru the app. I’m not a key fob guy so I want the phone to be my access tool. Key fob is huge.
If you use the physical key, the door doesn't lock by itself when you walk away. If you used the phone to access the car, it should lock itself when you walk away.

Florida Panhandler

First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Happy camper
Clubs

Does the shiny panel under the front bumper indicate the Off-Road underbody protection or not? I am still trying to decide whether or not to include it in my final build when I eventually get my call from Rivian.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Does the shiny panel under the front bumper indicate the Off-Road underbody protection or not? I am still trying to decide whether or not to include it in my final build when I eventually get my call from Rivian.
it’s the same either way.

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Looks fantastic!

Be ready to field questions from passerby's pretty much wherever you go..... :)

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Yes, We had sex in the back. That’s the best way to test the air suspension. We started in sport mode
You mean you and the R1S right? I don’t want my wife screwing the first time up for me..

Dave711

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S,Tesla Model YP, Lexus SC430, Passat VR6
Clubs

Hi all,

Took delivery of my R1S at El Segundo facility. First off, very impressive facility and the employees are super nice and friendly. Scott was my deliver team member. I got there about 45 minutes early for my appt. It was the only S on the lot. Very cool in some stupid way. I walked around it and enjoyed the experience. Lots of oxytocin being released. LOL

We went over the car. Too much info to digest in just an hour +. Got on the road and went to charge my phone and sadly the wireless charging pad does not work. Or let’s put it this way, I’m not sure where I needed to configure it? Or do I need to configure it? Other than that, the paint looked great. The ride home was awesome. A guy in a Tesla was behind me filming my S. The drive on PCH was awesome! One early observation. Conserve mode mileage gains are real. In sport, I was at 190 miles, In conserve I was at 220 miles. Conserve is for grannies though. There was enough power, but I”m spoiled from my Tesla M3P. Once I switched to sport mode, the SUV launched. It felt amazing moving such a heavy vehicle at Tesla speeds. I”ll keep posting as I learn more about the S. Would Love feedback on the wireless charging. Do I need to set it up or should the charge deck surface just work?

So worth the wait.

Updated R1S delivery pics 9/22/22

2545c0d0-591f-4165-981c-cb1c0692f51d-jpeg.jpg

0a7f2023-903a-45c6-8b21-a15e9108495a-jpeg.jpg

12da4bdd-cf42-4d89-baa0-6ab84603060c-jpeg.jpg

4adc97c2-0828-48de-bf9d-915291317e78-jpeg.jpg

abf216ec-de26-4414-b347-836e71c750a6-jpeg.jpg

91176d5f-e86a-4fe4-b5b8-3f0f0fd051d5-jpeg.jpg
When did you place your order? Did you consider forest edge?

steve1081

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model S, 2021 Yukon Denali, R1S LE
I recently took delivery of an R1S as well. I have also not had much luck with the wireless charging.

here are the other issues I have had:
- drivers rear door window trim
- silver trim around the top not seated properly
- hood alignment off
- clunking noise upon acceleration from a stop which strangely seems to only happen at normal suspension height….
- rear hatch alignment

got the front windows tinted today. And have received the field kit.
Sponsored