Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
Hi all,

Took delivery of my R1S at El Segundo facility. First off, very impressive facility and the employees are super nice and friendly. Scott was my deliver team member. I got there about 45 minutes early for my appt. It was the only S on the lot. Very cool in some stupid way. I walked around it and enjoyed the experience. Lots of oxytocin being released. LOL

We went over the car. Too much info to digest in just an hour +. Got on the road and went to charge my phone and sadly the wireless charging pad does not work. Or let’s put it this way, I’m not sure where I needed to configure it? Or do I need to configure it? Other than that, the paint looked great. The ride home was awesome. A guy in a Tesla was behind me filming my S. The drive on PCH was awesome! One early observation. Conserve mode mileage gains are real. In sport, I was at 190 miles, In conserve I was at 220 miles. Conserve is for grannies though. There was enough power, but I”m spoiled from my Tesla M3P. Once I switched to sport mode, the SUV launched. It felt amazing moving such a heavy vehicle at Tesla speeds. I”ll keep posting as I learn more about the S. Would Love feedback on the wireless charging. Do I need to set it up or should the charge deck surface just work?

So worth the wait.

Updated R1S delivery pics 9/22/22

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 2545c0d0-591f-4165-981c-cb1c0692f51d-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 0a7f2023-903a-45c6-8b21-a15e9108495a-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 12da4bdd-cf42-4d89-baa0-6ab84603060c-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 4adc97c2-0828-48de-bf9d-915291317e78-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing abf216ec-de26-4414-b347-836e71c750a6-jpe

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 91176d5f-e86a-4fe4-b5b8-3f0f0fd051d5-jpe
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3
Assuming the wireless charger is the same one that's used in the R1T, it just doesn't work for most people/phones. The coil is buried too deep to get a good connection and it doesn't hold your phone still enough for it to stay connected even if it does connect for a moment.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hi all,

Took delivery of my R1S at El Segundo facility. First off, very impressive facility and the employees are super nice and friendly. Scott was my deliver team member. I got there about 45 minutes early for my appt. It was the only S on the lot. Very cool in some stupid way. I walked around it and enjoyed the experience. Lots of oxytocin being released. LOL

We went over the car. Too much info to digest in just an hour +. Got on the road and went to charge my phone and sadly the wireless charging pad does not work. Or let’s put it this way, I’m not sure where I needed to configure it? Or do I need to configure it? Other than that, the paint looked great. The ride home was awesome. A guy in a Tesla was behind me filming my S. The drive on PCH was awesome! One early observation. Conserve mode mileage gains are real. In sport, I was at 190 miles, In conserve I was at 220 miles. Conserve is for grannies though. There was enough power, but I”m spoiled from my Tesla M3P. Once I switched to sport mode, the SUV launched. It felt amazing moving such a heavy vehicle at Tesla speeds. I”ll keep posting as I learn more about the S. Would Love feedback on the wireless charging. Do I need to set it up or should the charge deck surface just work?

So worth the wait.
Fantastic.....

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hi all,

So worth the wait.
Just curious...Why was oxytocin being released???

Sponsored

ChampagneUnicorn

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder), XC90 Recharge, 65 Riviera GS
Occupation
Gnome Figurine Day Trader
Clubs

Stop being a tease Tom!!! Pics please!!

Aka_Buck

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3P, 530e
Occupation
Work
Was the Rivian blue R1S still there? I saw both earlier this week and they are 🔥

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage
I set it using the app on my phone, #391 is mine!
Where do you find the instructions to do that. My app seems super basic. They have a long way to grow to catch Tesla app

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Where do you find the instructions to do that. My app seems super basic. They have a long way to grow to catch Tesla app
Swipe up and you will see Cabin Controls

Rivian R1T R1S Took R1S Delivery! So worth the wait... and what’s not working, broken or needs fixing 1663904900205

OP
OP

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Self Storage