Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
My guide told me it would be a SC pickup. However, when scheduling, the Bellevue SC said that they could only deliver. It was something about Washington law.
Interesting, I thought I saw some other posts here about people doing pickups at the Bellevue SC.

I'm hoping for a SC pick up so I can take my wife and let her decide on the R1S color before we have to lock.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

My guide told me it would be a SC pickup. However, when scheduling, the Bellevue SC said that they could only deliver. It was something about Washington law.
doesnt sound right. i work a few blocks from the Bellevue SC and seen lots of people pick up their vehicles there onsite.

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Congrats…hope I have less than 100 days to go to get mine (Oct-Dec)…ENJOY!!!
We finally took delivery of our R1S after over a 1,000 days of waiting. I would have taken more pictures but we were busy doing 0-60 launches all day :CWL: . The Rivian delivery person told us we got the first Launch Green in the Puget Sound.

R1S.jpg

Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
Congrats! Still mystified about delivery priority. 11/2018 preorder with the same exact spec, to a t. (15 mins away from south sf center) but not a peep about any timing or information. I’ve seen 3 in the Bay Area at this stage, including right by my workplace, but cs doesn’t have any info on timing.
It just shows how disorganized they are. They have known the order configurations and locations for years however they start delivering units randomly. I have never experienced this on any other new model year EV I ordered some of which I waited years for they all delivered pretty much in order…CS is non existent they just cut and paste the scripted email reply’s. Im just looking forward to getting mine whenever its ready Ive given up on understanding the delivery process of Rivian.

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Dec 2018 reservation and still no guide… patience is wearing thin…

I know I will enjoy it, but the wind in the sail is not at the maximum for sure.

Reactions: Rad

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
We finally took delivery of our R1S after over a 1,000 days of waiting. I would have taken more pictures but we were busy doing 0-60 launches all day :CWL: . The Rivian delivery person told us we got the first Launch Green in the Puget Sound.

R1S.jpg
Congrats on receiving your R1S!

But how come they skipped other pre-orders. Feb 2019 preorder, live in Issaquah, and still waiting for my R1S. Did you get underbody protection? That config apparently getting earlier priority.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Congrats! Still mystified about delivery priority. 11/2018 preorder with the same exact spec, to a t. (15 mins away from south sf center) but not a peep about any timing or information. I’ve seen 3 in the Bay Area at this stage, including right by my workplace, but cs doesn’t have any info on timing.
Dec 2018 reservation and still no guide… patience is wearing thin…

I know I will enjoy it, but the wind in the sail is not at the maximum for sure.

But how come they skipped other pre-orders. Feb 2019 preorder, live in Issaquah, and still waiting for my R1S. Did you get underbody protection? That config apparently getting earlier priority.
As frustrating as this is, I am thankful OP didn't order earlier this year!

GR

SMG

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus IS 300
Occupation
Tech

Same color, same city as you....you're a couple years ahead of me on the order date though.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
My understanding is that these are the only ones offered that are forged 1 piece.
All three (really two, since the “bright“ and “dark” ones are just different finishes ) of the 20” all terrain wheels are forged.

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
doesnt sound right. i work a few blocks from the Bellevue SC and seen lots of people pick up their vehicles there onsite.
Hey @dleewla If you find yourself at the service center can you keep your eyes open for my r1s? El Cap with 22 inch sport brights. Vin ends in 424. :)

Last edited:
OP
OP

1973LT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Yes, underbody protection.

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Same color, same city as you....you're a couple years ahead of me on the order date though.
Nice! Feel free to drop by and take a look... once I get my car by end of this year 🤞🏾

Reactions: SMG

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm pretty sure these are the premium ones. The regular ones are the brights.
1663551637007.png
When I placed my deposit and configured our R1S, the wheel above was specific to the R1S (20” upgrade with bright finish and 20” dark finish on the same shape wheel was an additional up charge) and the R1T 20” wheel (staple look?) was unavailable on the R1S at any price. I personally prefer the staple look 20” wheel and wished that Rivian would make them available on the R1S. It wasn’t too much later (weeks?) that they made the staple and bright 20” wheels available on both R1T and R1S for the same price. Yay!

If you’re like me, @svet-am , you may still think of the 20” brights (in the pic above) as the standard R1S wheel and the 20” staples as optional... and it’s a small leap from optional to premium.

tl;dr - I see how you got there, @svet-am

edit: typo
Sponsored