Sponsored

Took my Rivian R1S through the car wash. Car Wash Mode worked great

Ioman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Car wash mode worked great. What scared the crap out of me were the air blowers that dry the car. The the panoramic sunroof was shaking like crazy. Anyone concerned about the sunroof breaking?
Sponsored

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

My one time with the car wash was the blower on the hood. The wind coming from the side looked like it would blow the hood right open. It was prying it open while I was just watching it. I couldn’t do anything. I will never go though those blowers again.

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I went through once and when I witnessed my hood almost fly off, I'll never go through again.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Avoiding the automatic car wash isn't really an option. As long as the vehicle is under warranty, I won't worry about it. If nothing breaks under warranty, it probably never will and I won't worry about it out of warranty.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I went through once and when I witnessed my hood almost fly off, I'll never go through again.
When I went through with my R1T, it looked like it lifted up 4-5 inches. Way farther than I would have thought there was play.

Sponsored

Underwhirled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, RIT
Occupation
Architect
I had a panic one time when I realized that the folded passenger mirror was only inches away from the sprayer housing. I was sitting there thinking, “doesn’t the rear of the truck flair out a bit?” I was worried that the moving housing would scrap the fender flairs. Thankfully it didn’t.

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I think it’s just the exterior panel on top of the hood— mine looks like it may blow away while I’m driving in the freeway. I believe that Brandon YouTube guy said he got that repaired because it was coming unglued.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I think it’s just the exterior panel on top of the hood— mine looks like it may blow away while I’m driving in the freeway. I believe that Brandon YouTube guy said he got that repaired because it was coming unglued.
No way. All the way to the edges of the panel it was lifting up. Exterior skin would have separated completely if it wasn't the whole hood.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Automatic car washes are terrible for your paint. The convenience isn’t worth the potential damage.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Took mine through twice. Very unsettling. Never again.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Not currently in effect here but water use restrictions don't leave much in the way of options outside of automated carwashes that recycle most of their water. Hand washing in the driveway isn't always an option.

nrrasmussen

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S; Audi All-road Wagon; Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Consultant
Clubs

Car wash mode worked great. What scared the crap out of me were the air blowers that dry the car. The the panoramic sunroof was shaking like crazy. Anyone concerned about the sunroof breaking?
OK, not gonna go to the automated car wash...but it's time for a first bath as we are a month in and my R1S has looked better (notwithstanding the gash imposed as a result of an unfortunate rear-ending hopefully being repaired soon).... Guidance on anything special to put in the bucket?? I don't mind putting a little elbow grease into it...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

$80k to $100K for a truck, I pony up the extra $10 to $15 for a hand wash. They come to my house. Saves time. Time is money. And don't have to worry about these massive machines screwing something up.
Cheap things are expensive
Sponsored