OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Is this still the case in "Sport" mode as well? I thought I had read that Sport mode gives it more of the snappiness you are referring to from the TM3 or does it still lag relatively?
I am the OP and I have to admit the error of my post. I had made the comment about the R1T not feeling as snappy as my Model 3. I had, however, neglected to try the R1T in Sport mode. Once I did that, it feels like a totally different beast -- very, snappy, quick and Tesla-like. The difference amazed me to be honest. Sorry if I led some astray -- it was a dumb oversight on my part not to try Sport Mode before making the comparison to my Model 3.
Sponsored

GEON

First Name
GEON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Technology Executive
Got my R1t this morning! For the most part is is amazing!

Couple of questions for the Hive Mind:
iphone 12 as a key is inconsistent, does anyone understand how to make the phone as a key more reliable?
iphone charging does not work in any position with a protective case on the phone.
Wind noise on the passenger door/roof area - other experiencing this?

GEON

OP
OP

CGM55082

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
PR
Got my R1t this morning! For the most part is is amazing!

Couple of questions for the Hive Mind:
iphone 12 as a key is inconsistent, does anyone understand how to make the phone as a key more reliable?
iphone charging does not work in any position with a protective case on the phone.
Wind noise on the passenger door/roof area - other experiencing this?

GEON
The phone as a key does tend to be inconsistent. It is certainly nowhere near as refined as Tesla. I find I often have to take it out of my pocket and hold it up to the door before it engages. At other times it unlocks the doors when I'm not even near the truck and don't want it to engage.

Iphone charging isn't even worth trying to get work in my opinion. The phone, even without a case, has to be perfectly positioned to charge and slides all over the place, making it impossible.

Wind noise has been an issue for some. Depending upon where it's coming from and how bad it is, Rivian service can improve it. Some earlier models had gaps where the side window trim meets the A pillar.

I have wind noise in my truck too, but I think it's more pronounced because Rivian did an exceptional job keeping tire noise from entering the cabin. When I test the wind noise with my DB meter, it surprises me that DBs are on par with the latest Tesla Model S, which is said to be extremely quiet.

The truck isn't perfect yet, but it's also exceptional on the whole and I do love it more every day.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
100% agree on the not as instant feel vs Tesla. Honestly the slight lag is a good thing for everyday driving. It's annoying driving the Tesla and having to adjust your foot or lift off for a split second, can be jerky. Nice having a little buffer.
Sponsored