First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

Rivian R1T R1S Took delivery of Red Canyon R1S from R1Shop without issues, you scared me into second guessing my decision. IMG_2660
Sponsored

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

That’s a really nice configuration, and I think it’s perfect against the beautiful AZ backdrops. Thanks for sharing your experience. Congrats and enjoy!

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
Looks amazing! Red is fast becoming my second favorite color choice. 22's are so nice looking.

Congrats and great to hear a positive account.

I have R1T shop access and I'm debating my options ever day. Like I'm not sure if "Launch Editions" in the shop tend to be older builds or just recently built older orders? Anyway it's fun checking the shop every day to see what's changed. Still not sure if I should wait for my Max Pack or save $ and get a quad sooner, but have to deal with tight range while towing.

Sponsored

HeyEllwood

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y R1S
Occupation
Operations Analyst
I second the VIN range question. Also, preorder date?

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

Like I'm not sure if "Launch Editions" in the shop tend to be older builds or just recently built older orders?
This is a reasonable concern. Mine is an LE, built 2/2023 according to the door sticker, took delivery 3/31/2023. 19xxx VIN. Although i have seen posts from someone else who got one that sat in a field for five months and had the wiring harness chewed up by critters. I don't think you'll ever really know. Good luck, may the odds be ever in your favor. 😄

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
You will have much more fun with this SUV day to day than any of the other vehicles you mentioned. Congrats!

OP
OP
Big Bad VooDoo

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Looks amazing! Red is fast becoming my second favorite color choice. 22's are so nice looking.

Congrats and great to hear a positive account.

I have R1T shop access and I'm debating my options ever day. Like I'm not sure if "Launch Editions" in the shop tend to be older builds or just recently built older orders? Anyway it's fun checking the shop every day to see what's changed. Still not sure if I should wait for my Max Pack or save $ and get a quad sooner, but have to deal with tight range while towing.
Pulled it from the shop and the vin is just over 8200, it is listed as a LE but and was built in 23. Thats all I know or asked about.

Sponsored

Chewy734

First Name
Ashu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW, Ford, Rivian
Clubs

Looks awesome! The front windows are begging to be tinted though ;)

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws.
I’m not sure I understand: are you saying that because you received a single car with no issues, everyone else’s posts aren’t legitimate, and nobody should post about problems? How can you tell which posts aren’t “legit?”

Last edited:

jcornish

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes E550
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

IMG_2660.jpg
Where can I get a copy of the delivery check list? My R1S is coming soon, or so I'm told... Thanks

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Best of luck with the R1S. I think the Red Canyon looks great and it's what we have configured, along with an OC interior.

As to the negative comments, this is a forum and folks are free to post what they like, with only minimal oversight. And of course, as with any forum, complaints usually outnumber compliments by a considerable margin. Take everything you see posted, including (maybe especially) gushing praise with an appropriately sized grain of sodium chloride.

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

IMG_2660.jpg
Glad to hear.Bravo.
Sponsored