SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

IMG_2660.jpg
Um...I'm really thrilled to hear about your experience and congrats on a beautiful R1S. The Red Canyon color really doesn't get the flowers it deserve around here.

But to push back a little on your post - the complaints, issues, and frustrations that people have experienced are no less valid because YOU had a great experience.

People will continue to have frustrations with vehicles from the shop and people like you will continue to have good experiences.

This forum is about people coming and sharing their experiences. People tend to over report bad experience and under report good experiences because the folks who are happy are less likely to use their happy energy to come and report good news while the angry folks are more likely to want to come and vent.

But we don't have the full statistics so we can't disqualify the bad experiences. We just have to go into our decisions (R1 shop or no R1 shop) with the understanding that a non trivial number of people have had problems.

Good luck and I hope your R1S stays problem free.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Congratulations to the OP and a great color choice.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

IMG_2660.jpg
They scared you straight, like those troubled kids they drop off at prison for a day. We don't want you thinking it will be easy!

Sponsored

jim m

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
grand cherokee audie q7
Occupation
retired
Glad to hear your experiences with new R1S Your configuration is exactly what i ordered 15 months ago Gotta hope the worst of the issues with paint and driveline are in the past best luck

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Same colors than the one coming our way (we got the AT and RUS).
I’m expecting a similar experience to yours.
Now I need to get my hands on that checklist.
Thanks for sharing and cheering me up with your positive experience.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Smart looking ride! You just compared a SUV to a number of great sports cars. That in itself speaks volumes about the R1. Very nice! It's a relatively free country so most people are "free" to express their opinions. I'm glad you made the decision that is right for you. I am a first-world risk taker. I will take my R1S despite the fear that AI is ending the world in a few months. Cheers.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
You picked the best color. Nice job.

Ducky

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

Best of luck, Canyon Red was my second choice of color.

CaptRat

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Chevrolet Corvette, Cadillac CTS
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I took delivery of an R1T from the Shop a couple of weeks ago. I also used the checklist and the only defects were dirty hand prints on the headliner above the driver's door, which cleaned off with ease.

I have no doubt that the posts about defects on delivery are valid, especially from the Shop, and I was glad to have the heads up on those issues.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It's still early days bro. Plenty of time to enjoy unseen issues. Don't count your chickens yet ...
Oh you are absolutely correct. I just think our little bubble here has more complaints per 100 vehicles than the overall sales would reflect. We can’t say for sure, but historically that is what happens in Internet forums. We don’t hear from most buyers either way.

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
OP
OP
Big Bad VooDoo

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Shweet! Thats my pre-order date. Did you get an email for shop access?
I did have to ask for access but they gave it to me without much convincing. I just called the Rivian support number on the website.
Sponsored