First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Looks amazing! Red is fast becoming my second favorite color choice. 22's are so nice looking.

Congrats and great to hear a positive account.

I have R1T shop access and I'm debating my options ever day. Like I'm not sure if "Launch Editions" in the shop tend to be older builds or just recently built older orders? Anyway it's fun checking the shop every day to see what's changed. Still not sure if I should wait for my Max Pack or save $ and get a quad sooner, but have to deal with tight range while towing.
It would be nice if you had an idea of when it was built, maybe with the last six of the vin#
Sponsored

OP
OP
Big Bad VooDoo

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
Same colors than the one coming our way (we got the AT and RUS).
I’m expecting a similar experience to yours.
Now I need to get my hands on that checklist.
Thanks for sharing and cheering me up with your positive experience.
I thought this was a good checklist from this forum. I could not find it in the search option but found it when I did a google search.

Attachments

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
I did have to ask for access but they gave it to me without much convincing. I just called the Rivian support number on the website.
When they stated they would get you shop access, was it the next day or did it take awhile?

OP
OP
Big Bad VooDoo

Big Bad VooDoo

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Medical
When they stated they would get you shop access, was it the next day or did it take awhile?
It took about 4 days. Totally was not expecting it but as I said. I asked politely and they said, let us see what they could do.

Sponsored

Batman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition; Kia Telluride SX-P
@Big Bad VooDoo what type of car loan rate did you get? Did you finance through Rivian?

Tibi

First Name
S.L.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

IMG_2660.jpg
I agree with you fully. The forum has been extremely helpful. We learned a lot from all the posts. It’s a great community. Sometimes negative comments also made me double guess my choice prior to getting the car. But even for those it seems that the company in general has been very willing to fix things. So that’s why I decided to stick with the decision and we already had an R1T and we’re very happy with it. We got our R1S three weeks ago and can’t be happier. Great car on highway and small roads. It’s driving as well as the R1T in our opinion. We had a wonderful experience with the service center (Bellevue WA) and the guide was extremely helpful along the way.

Trizzle29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Alfa 4c, Panigale
After reading these threads for the last month, I was amazed at the problems people posted, some were legit and others, let us just say were not SO PLEASE STOP! My R1S came to me without any noticeable flaws. The 22s are huge when you look at them and a little bit more noticeable feel on the road than the 20s AT that i had on my First Drive. I can honestly say that the launch of this vehicle actually put the biggest smile on my face when driving home. So much quicker than my 2016 Hell Cat since that car had close to zero ability for traction even with Sticky tires. I'm sure top end at the track might be a different story but my days of 125MPH are gone. The 2008 ZO6 was by far my favorite sport car and still not even close to this launch. (That car also had traction problems but not as bad as the Hell Cat). With that being said the service team in Phoenix really made the experience quite nice. Much better than Audi did when I bought an S5 (Great Car!!!!!). I inspected the car using a check list from this forum, it was very useful and gave me peace of mind (Thank You for that thread). When you take deliver if you have not already, go in with expecting a nice experience and you will probably have one. Always be cautious and inspect the vehicle like you always would with any purchase of this magnitude. If you are new to EVs like myself, ask questions, they were very helpful. Up to this point, RIVIAN and the Phoenix Service Center get an A++++.

IMG_2660.jpg
Congrats, looks great. are you happy with 22s or do you regret not getting 20s?
Sponsored