Sponsored

Tonneau cover repair scheduled–redesign ready?

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Just to follow up: they tried to install the new tonneau on my truck today but found out the rails were damaged so they are holding off until they get some new parts. To be clear this is a newer tonneau version than mine was delivered with, but is not the redesigned tonneau that will be installed on trucks starting in January. This version still has a relatively high failure rate and I probably shouldn’t use it more than necessary.

maybe this is good news for me since the tracks seem to be causing the issues you’re seeing @JGard18.
Sponsored

JGard18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adv, 2023 Volvo XC40 Recharge
Occupation
Consultant
Just to follow up: they tried to install the new tonneau on my truck today but found out the rails were damaged so they are holding off until they get some new parts. To be clear this is a newer tonneau version than mine was delivered with, but is not the redesigned tonneau that will be installed on trucks starting in January. This version still has a relatively high failure rate and I probably shouldn’t use it more than necessary.

maybe this is good news for me since the tracks seem to be causing the issues you’re seeing @JGard18.
Yeah, mine has one damaged track for which I submitted a service request for last Friday. I haven't heard from them, yet, which makes me think they may be just writing this off entirely until the redesign is available.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm hoping they give us the option of either the new powered tonneau or just getting the manual one instead when the time comes.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
^ Manual tonneau seems the way to go till they can come up with a permanent proven design that won't bind up and can stand up to dirt/grit/dust, etc.. in the tracks.

jlack33

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T & 2023 Tesla Model Y LR w/FSD Beta
Occupation
Network Engineer (Retired)
I picked up my R1T yesterday from the Dallas Service Center. The Tonneou cover failed to open on the first try. They had to take it back in and move the slats back in so that it was fully open and locked. As Andystroh mentioned above and confirmed by the Dallas SC, the new design with 2nd motor will be out in January.
Sponsored