Sponsored

Tonneau cover repair scheduled–redesign ready?

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21”
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S Tonneau cover repair scheduled–redesign ready? Untitled-2

General consensus is that repairs to the tonneau aren't being scheduled until redesigned parts arrive in mid-August. I just got the call to schedule my appointment in 9/2 and indeed the work order specifies a remove and replace.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is what the replacement will be

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

OP
OP
dotlinetriangle

dotlinetriangle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Forest Green / Black Mountain / 21”
Clubs

My truck is in the shop for tonneau repairs right now.
Let us know how things look once you get it back! Where are you located? My service is in Bellevue, WA.

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Let us know how things look once you get it back! Where are you located? My service is in Bellevue, WA.
Typically I would be Portland, or at least I had been. This service also includes an alignment fix so they had to truck it to Bellevue.

This is what my service order said for reference/comparison.

Rivian R1T R1S Tonneau cover repair scheduled–redesign ready? 1659642124718

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
I spoke with the manager at the service department in El Segundo, CA yesterday. I asked him when the fix for the tonneau cover would be available. My tonneau jammed the second time I used it. He told me they are still waiting for replacement parts from the manufacture. He informed me repair kits were sent out earlier (call it version 1 fix). He said that they ended up jamming over time still so now the manufacture is working on a version 2 fix. He gave me the option if I wanted to install the version 1 fix. I told him I would rather wait to see how version 2 works.

r1tshivermetimbers

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi all,

My tonneau cover jammed as well. When it was closed, the sound to open made me cringe but it worked. I decided to just leave it open so that there's less dust or stuff on it.

Last weekend, I decided to close it and the slates came out one piece at a time. I close/open it to see if it will slide out fully but in the end it just jammed.

Spoke with service advisor and have a scheduled appointment on 8/15 at the West Sacramento SC. He said that they will get the tonneau to either fully open or closed but not remove and replace. Apparently current fix is still not up to par and the actual/permanent fix is pending Rivian Engineering.

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

I had a ticket open for my tonneau not closing all the way (along with a few other nits) and was told they aren't doing any tonneau service until the new redesign is available. Like Josh I have to have the truck transported up to Bellevue because they need to check the alignment and my service date is 9/7

Sponsored

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I had a ticket open for my tonneau not closing all the way (along with a few other nits) and was told they aren't doing any tonneau service until the new redesign is available. Like Josh I have to have the truck transported up to Bellevue because they need to check the alignment and my service date is 9/7
I just got the report on mine. They finished up with my service and are waiting on sorting out the logistics to send it back.

Doesn’t sound like any part changes on my cover.

Rivian R1T R1S Tonneau cover repair scheduled–redesign ready? 1659725051689

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I just got the report on mine. They finished up with my service and are waiting on sorting out the logistics to send it back.

Doesn’t sound like any part changes on my cover.

1659725051689.png
As long as it works, that's the main thing.

The good thing is it's all covered under the comprehensive warranty, so it's in Rivians best interest to engineer a durable version that requires near zero re-service after install.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

As long as it works, that's the main thing.

The good thing is it's all covered under the comprehensive warranty, so it's in Rivians best interest to engineer a durable version that requires near zero re-service after install.
Yeah exactly, not convinced it will work well for long but I haven’t had it completely break at any point yet either.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Yeah exactly, not convinced it will work well for long but I haven’t had it completely break at any point yet either.
And as a matter of fact, just got my truck back from service. The just lubed it and ran the calibration said it worked fine.

First test of the tonneau cover, doesn’t open completely and still closes then bounces back leaving a gap… sigh

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Mine is scheduled for replacement on 9/12. Service advisor said they hoped to have the revised design in July, but it is pushed out until mid-August now. Hoping that by my appointment they will have it ready even if it is pushed back from the current projected delivery date.
Sponsored