_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Finally after 1,009 days since i pre-ordered, I took delivery of my GW R1T w/ BM interior on the 20" AT wheels. My delivery was a bit different than what I had expected, I am in South Florida (Miami) and the service center closest to me that was open was the one in Orlando. I was scheduled for 1-2 pm delivery and hadn't heard anything all morning, so i decided to reach out to my guide, He assured me no issues and everything was on schedule. 1:00... 1:15...1:30... 1:45... 1:55... and finally there she was, rolling up with my delivery guy behind the wheel. I had been looking for a tow truck and didn't see any so it caught by surprise when she turned the corner and parked up from at my place of business. They had to unload at a home depot a block away due to the parking lot not being big enough for the unloading of my R1T and loading of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The entire process was easy as cake.... sign here, sign there, I.D. keys, title, wait a sec.... sign here as well... oh wait, one more to sign.... cool she's yours said my delivery guy. maybe 20-25 mins in all. He then asked if I wanted a walk around the UI and I said sure, 30 mins later he was on his way and I was the proud owner of a new R1T.

My takes on the process:

1) hands down, the best buying experience I've ever had.
2) even when I had an Issue, which really wasn't an issue everything went fine, for starters, my guide was out, time off I assume when I got my email to start the 8 steps, I had a back up guide contact me and help with an issue on one of the steps not working, literally 5 mins from email to fix. and the second part was when my delivery was cancelled due to them finding a paint issue at the delivery center, they informed me of the issue, which I am thankful, if this was missed, i would have probably been with out the truck for over a week to have it fixed with the shipping back and forth with Orlando.
3) delivery guys, in my case 3 of them, 1 driver and 2 field operations guys I'm guessing, they were the nicest guys ever and made my experience that much better.
4) even though I read about people's issues on communication with Rivian people, these guys seem to have it all down, really good. I had made a comment to my guide about taking a trip with my buddies to go off-roading to several places, and he shared that with the delivery guys and they asked me about my plans, nothing seemed forced they truly wanted to hear about it and seemed very enthusiastic about how awesome the trip sounded.
5) the experience, was awesome and I cant complain about anything. now time to go and enjoy the truck.

Rivian R1T R1S Today was delivery day after 1,009 days since pre-order. My take on the delivery process PXL_20220512_185835750
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Congrats. I am glad you had a great experience.

Geocvl

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, Mini Cooper S
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Congratulations, the white looks good.

Revo

First Name
Revo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Occupation
Captain
I have the same R1T on order since May 5th, 2019 and will hopefully have my truck within the next 2 weeks. All 8 steps complete just waitnig on R1T day to happen!
Congragts

Michaewh

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 BMW i3 BEV, 2016 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG
Occupation
Business Owner
1,212 days in and counting... But, I think I'm getting close!

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Finally after 1,009 days since i pre-ordered, I took delivery of my GW R1T w/ BM interior on the 20" AT wheels. My delivery was a bit different than what I had expected, I am in South Florida (Miami) and the service center closest to me that was open was the one in Orlando. I was scheduled for 1-2 pm delivery and hadn't heard anything all morning, so i decided to reach out to my guide, He assured me no issues and everything was on schedule. 1:00... 1:15...1:30... 1:45... 1:55... and finally there she was, rolling up with my delivery guy behind the wheel. I had been looking for a tow truck and didn't see any so it caught by surprise when she turned the corner and parked up from at my place of business. They had to unload at a home depot a block away due to the parking lot not being big enough for the unloading of my R1T and loading of my Jeep Grand Cherokee. The entire process was easy as cake.... sign here, sign there, I.D. keys, title, wait a sec.... sign here as well... oh wait, one more to sign.... cool she's yours said my delivery guy. maybe 20-25 mins in all. He then asked if I wanted a walk around the UI and I said sure, 30 mins later he was on his way and I was the proud owner of a new R1T.

My takes on the process:

2) even when I had an Issue, which really wasn't an issue everything went fine, for starters, my guide was out, time off I assume when I got my email to start the 8 steps, I had a back up guide contact me and help with an issue on one of the steps not working, literally 5 mins from email to fix. and the second part was when my delivery was cancelled due to them finding a paint issue at the delivery center, they informed me of the issue, which I am thankful, if this was missed, i would have probably been with out the truck for over a week to have it fixed with the shipping back and forth with Orlando.
3) delivery guys, in my case 3 of them, 1 driver and 2 field operations guys I'm guessing, they were the nicest guys ever and made my experience that much better.
4) even though I read about people's issues on communication with Rivian people, these guys seem to have it all down, really good. I had made a comment to my guide about taking a trip with my buddies to go off-roading to several places, and he shared that with the delivery guys and they asked me about my plans, nothing seemed forced they truly wanted to hear about it and seemed very enthusiastic about how awesome the trip sounded.
5) the experience, was awesome and I cant complain about anything. now time to go and enjoy the truck.

PXL_20220512_185835750.jpg
That white... Top Shelf.

abirozy

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla model s, lexus gs 350 f sport, toyota corolla
Occupation
lawyer
Clubs

My takes on the process:

Congrats. It looks great.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

My takes on the process:

Congrats! I think as deliveries pick up, that Rivian will require those who live near a service center to go there to pick up the vehicle. It’s extraordinarily costly to dispatch transport and personnel. it will still be required for those that live far. I was told by Lucid, they they will require pickup at service locations soon, and by the time my Air Touring arrives in the fall. I’m crossing the days off my Big Ships of The Navy calendar whil I wait for my R1S! 🚢

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Congrats! I think as deliveries pick up, that Rivian will require those who live near a service center to go there to pick up the vehicle. It’s extraordinarily costly to dispatch transport and personnel. it will still be required for those that live far. I was told by Lucid, they they will require pickup at service locations soon, and by the time my Air Touring arrives in the fall. I’m crossing the days off my Big Ships of The Navy calendar whil I wait for my R1S! 🚢
I would prefer to pick up at the SC but then again it is less than 10 miles from my house.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

Delivery guy at San Diego SC told me today that we now have the option of taking delivery at SC or home.

Sponsored

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
I got about another 50 days on you and still crickets. Hope you're close though.

I don't feel I am.

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

even though the Orlando service center is 300+ miles away, I asked if i were in orlando for work if it would be possible for me to pick it up and drive it back to Miami and I was told I couldnt pick it up at the SC but a block away at a nearby parking lot i could.

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Let me tell you, I went from not knowing when i would be getting a call, to getting one on a friday, on that call I was told 4-8 weeks to my delivery, the following thursday i got the 8 steps, and had it delivered the 2 weeks later only because there were no flat bed availability. My 4-8 was actually 2 weeks, So if any unknown numbers call you, make sure you pick up.

Lysdexic

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tundra
Let me tell you, I went from not knowing when i would be getting a call, to getting one on a friday, on that call I was told 4-8 weeks to my delivery, the following thursday i got the 8 steps, and had it delivered the 2 weeks later only because there were no flat bed availability. My 4-8 was actually 2 weeks, So if any unknown numbers call you, make sure you pick up.
If you don’t pick up, will Rivian leave a message? Like a lot, or most people, if I don’t know the number I ignore it. Certainly they are not going to move to the next customer if can’t pick up the phone at that moment.
Sponsored