Sponsored

Title, license plate (transfer or new) and registration

Deleted member 7086

I live in Arizona. Five weeks after purchase I received my AZ title. Six weeks after purchase I received my temp AZ plate. At seven weeks I received my perm AZ plate.
Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Anyone else gotten new docs to sign as part of the DMV doc process?
Negative. My packet should arrive today, I'm interested to see what exactly they sent from my list.

If it's a bunch of pins or stickers, I swear to God I'm driving to Bellevue...

OP
OP
Nermal

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
What arrived today was not my docs. It was the tax and fee refund check that guide originally conveyed would take 4-6+ weeks. So I guess I'm happy that happened faster than first communicated. Guide provided 2 UPS tracking numbers and second one was, I guess, for the docs but it indicated that only label had been printed. Nothing shipped yet.

Re: new purchase agreement, guide said it was to reflect fees they won't pay on my behalf and for which I got the refund.

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
From the WA DOL:
Rivian R1T R1S Title, license plate (transfer or new) and registration 1656347351686

Looks like I will need to go get another paper permit...The DOL has my R1T listed with a provided license plate #, but no license plate has been delivered.

Somewhat concerning: they still have my trade-in listed as belonging to me.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
As part of my ask for escalation, CS called me 2x Friday afternoon. Once to say she couldn't get any better status from T&R team than my guide. Second time left VM that T&R said I'd get my self-service package Wed of this week but she was trying to get it overnighted.

Yesterday and again this morning, I got a notification of a UPS coming from Rivian today. I hope its the docs I need for DMV that CS was successful in expediting. What's puzzling is that I also got another purchase agreement and EDR (electronic data recorder) opt-in doc to e-sign this morning. I assume its all part of trying to get my reg and title squared away.

Anyone else gotten new docs to sign as part of the DMV doc process?
I got a shipping notification from Rivian on Friday and received the package this morning. I was hoping it’d be the documents I need to self register but it was only a check for $5k (my tax, title, and licensing fees). I have not received another purchase agreement but when I logged into my Rivian account to ensure that I was reimbursed the right amount, my purchase summary has already been changed and looks like I didn’t pay taxes or registration fees. Rivian kept the “doc fee”.

I also got an overnight package from RegUSA this morning after calling them directly on Friday. They sent me a new 30-day tag but also included some other poor Rivian onwer’s temporary tag.

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

What arrived today was not my docs. It was the tax and fee refund check that guide originally conveyed would take 4-6+ weeks.
Same, no docs, just a check. This is getting fucking ridiculous.

I also got an overnight package from RegUSA this morning after calling them directly on Friday. They sent me a new 30-day tag but also included some other poor Rivian onwer’s temporary tag.
I'll be reaching out to them directly this afternoon.

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
[QUOTE="Riviot, post: 168553, member: 2398"
I'll be reaching out to them directly this afternoon.
[/QUOTE]

Their number wasn’t listed anywhere on their website and required a little digging to find. It’s intended only for dealerships but I was able to convince the RegUSA lady that answered to help me after she asked how I got the phone number. They have a privacy agreement with Rivian and won’t give you any updates on your actual registration but it’s still worth a call to get a case # started on their side.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Re: new purchase agreement, guide said it was to reflect fees they won't pay on my behalf and for which I got the refund.
I just got a new purchase agreement for signature, about 10 minutes after signing I got another UPS tracking notification. Hopefully I get all my docs tomorrow

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
From the WA DOL:
1656347351686.png

Looks like I will need to go get another paper permit...The DOL has my R1T listed with a provided license plate #, but no license plate has been delivered.

Somewhat concerning: they still have my trade-in listed as belonging to me.
Talked to DOL again and, yes, I need to go get another temporary permit since they really are not getting plates out there...and, no, we have not run out of people to make them :)

If you are in WA, plan on it.

Sponsored

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
No updates here. Tag expired last week.
I'm in GA also and no one can seem to tell me anything from the Company (my tags expire Thursday). I think I'm going to just register it myself, once I get assurances that I'll be refunded the $5,500 I have to lay out to get it registered here. Not sure what else to do.

If curious, you have to fill out the MV-1 (title application) online first, and then I believe it will spit out the completed form and then you bring that along with the required supporting docs to the tax and title office. I say "I believe" because I only went so far as to fill out the information requested, but didn't hit "submit" yet. Once I get confirmation from my Guide that I'll be reimbursed, I'll submit it and see what happens.

They've had 90 days to do this, and it took me all of about 6 minutes to complete this form.

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Thanks, Canes. I might do the same. I'm going to email my rep right now and ask about it. It's beyond ridiculous.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

I'm in GA also and no one can seem to tell me anything from the Company (my tags expire Thursday). I think I'm going to just register it myself, once I get assurances that I'll be refunded the $5,500 I have to lay out to get it registered here. Not sure what else to do.

If curious, you have to fill out the MV-1 (title application) online first, and then I believe it will spit out the completed form and then you bring that along with the required supporting docs to the tax and title office. I say "I believe" because I only went so far as to fill out the information requested, but didn't hit "submit" yet. Once I get confirmation from my Guide that I'll be reimbursed, I'll submit it and see what happens.

They've had 90 days to do this, and it took me all of about 6 minutes to complete this form.
Thanks, Canes. I might do the same. I'm going to email my rep right now and ask about it. It's beyond ridiculous.
Don't forget there are penalties and fees. 10% of the tax owed + $10 bucks (in GA) I think it was since it wasn't registered within first 30 days of purchase.

Would be worth getting that covered when you both make your asks

OP
OP
Nermal

Nermal

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Miata, 2017 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Q5
And just when they thought they’d thread the needle and get my docs to me day before temp expiry…

Rivian R1T R1S Title, license plate (transfer or new) and registration 1656426275292

If I wasn’t staring at a soon-to-be 7000lb paper weight, this would be comical. Would love to know what was REALLY going on with this process during the rest of the 90 days since delivery.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
Don't forget there are penalties and fees. 10% of the tax owed + $10 bucks (in GA) I think it was since it wasn't registered within first 30 days of purchase.

Would be worth getting that covered when you both make your asks
Agreed - I took a screen shot of the fee details and sent it to them, which includes the penalties you mentioned (totaling about $500).
Sponsored