Title, license plate (transfer or new) and registration

jafar

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
Has anyone in WA succeeded in transferring plates from their trade in? Or does Rivian always submit paperwork to acquire new plates?
Not in Washington, but Oregon and Rivian processed my plate transfer as a new registration which ended up costing me $1072 vs $36 :confused:
Sponsored

jafar

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Launch Edition
I am still waiting on my registration too. Temp tags expired on 8/16. Rivian told me today that the DMV has it, they just don't know they have it. When asked for tracking information, they cannot provide it because registration is handled by a 3rd party that Rivian has no control over.
Keep pushing your Guide. I was able to get the tracking number from my guide after inquiring multiple times and found it was received by DMV a month prior. DMV said they were behind by 4-6 weeks processing mailed in paperwork.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Received my R1T on 25 Aug. was able to self register and get my FL tag on 21 Sep. Much easier than I thought - actually a very positive/easy experience at the DMV. Also nice not having to pay for a service that has put some folks in extremis. My Guide (Mark E) helped me get all the paperwork which was much appreciated.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Keep pushing your Guide. I was able to get the tracking number from my guide after inquiring multiple times and found it was received by DMV a month prior. DMV said they were behind by 4-6 weeks processing mailed in paperwork.
Thanks. We got them, but they never did provide the tracking information. The process definitely needs some work. Not bad if this is the worst thing I see with a start up. :p

R1Tmcg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Not in Washington, but Oregon and Rivian processed my plate transfer as a new registration which ended up costing me $1072 vs $36 :confused:
Were you transferring custom OR plates or standard 6 character plates? My guide sent a confusing message earlier that made it sound like Rivian can only transfer custom plates from your old car to new? Unsure if they mean overall or this was specific if you traded into Rivian themselves during purchase. Was that your experience?
Sponsored