Sponsored

Tires Wearing Out by 25k miles, 20 inch A/T

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jeep Grand Cherokee; (LE - R1S)
Occupation
Retired
The problem is you have to use the credit towards a new set of pirelli's right?
No I replaced them with Good Year. This was at America’s Tire but pretty sure no one would have that as a stipulation. Basically they just refunded 45% of the original tire price and applied it to the new purchase.
Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
Every high performance car eats tires like there’s no tomorrow. Try one of the European brands like a BMW X5 or a Porsche Cayenne GTS or Porsche 911 GTS. They all have soft compound performance tires and you are lucky if you make it 15,000 miles on those. They stick like glue to the road in the summer and launch you around every corner like you are on rails, but you pay the price.
putting 835hp and the high torque onto the 20s or any other tires on the Rivian takes its toll, but you get paid back in smiles and screams from your passengers 😂😎.
Drive the Rivian like you are 85 and you might make it to 35k miles 🙄🤣🤪

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
rotate tires often. If there’s a full size spare do a 5 tire rotation. Should extend the life of the set.

25k miles is pretty good for something so heavy and fast.
Exactly. I have the full spare and rotate it in about every 6k. I also drive around in off road/rally/high for fun about 20% of the time, which I suspect is contributing to the impossibly even wear I'm getting inside and out. So far, I'm impressed with the tires and will probably replace them with the same when the time comes. I would be satisfied with 25-30k miles given how heavy the truck is and how I drive it. 🏎
Sponsored

Sponsored

Sponsored