First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & Audi
Occupation
SP
My 20 stock tires lasted 22,000 miles. My Michelin CrossClimate 2 replacement tires have 35,000 miles on them and were 9/32 at last rotation. Just my opinion, but the Pirelli's stink. I don't have suspension on auto though, and rarely drop down to drive (even on interstate). Dropping down shifts the vehicle weight to the inside of the tire dramatically increasing wear. Lots more damage than conserve.
Wow, that seems to be great wear on the Cross Climate 2s. I hear nothing but good things about those tires. They're supposed to be really good in snow too. I'm not a fan of the way they look, but I guess function over form, right?
Sponsored

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
Wow, that seems to be great wear on the Cross Climate 2s. I hear nothing but good things about those tires. They're supposed to be really good in snow too. I'm not a fan of the way they look, but I guess function over form, right?
I've been really happy. Michelin rep was at the counter (Costco) when I bought them. He said the rubber compound would make them an excellent winter tire, and the lower weight rated version is an EV tire so should get better range than ATs. These have a stronger side wall to accommodate the heavier weight, but otherwise are identical to the EV version. Overall my efficiency is up about 10 percent compared to the Pirelli tires, and winter efficiency has been WAY up. The Pirelli ATs were terrible in cold weather.

ksurfier

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1SQM, Tesla
Clubs

I've been really happy. Michelin rep was at the counter (Costco) when I bought them. He said the rubber compound would make them an excellent winter tire, and the lower weight rated version is an EV tire so should get better range than ATs. These have a stronger side wall to accommodate the heavier weight, but otherwise are identical to the EV version. Overall my efficiency is up about 10 percent compared to the Pirelli tires, and winter efficiency has been WAY up. The Pirelli ATs were terrible in cold weather.
What size are you running? I don't see any that would fit 20/21/22 OEM tires...

Golfer04

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Finance
What size are you running? I don't see any that would fit 20/21/22 OEM tires...
You have to get the HD truck version of the tire. I think it is "e" rating (that might be wrong though, I forgot). They are LT275/65R/20.

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
Thatā€™s crazy! I know that the all-terrain tires are less mileage typically, but I just looked on Pirelliā€˜s website and they said up to 50,000 miles. I expected to replace them around 40,000 but definitely not 25. Iā€™m also seeing issues with the sport tires as well on the forums.
I only have 15,000 on the truck after 1 1/2 years and had to have two of the A/T tires replaced also. I donā€™t drive crazy and no towing or anything. I have had three tire rotations. Got a partial credit for tire warranty but it wasnā€™t much. Still ~$250 for new tire each WITH warranty! We definitely save money on oil, changes and other fluid replacement, and overall maintenance simpler however, the tire expense is real
Sponsored