Sponsored

Tires. All Season or All-Terrain?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
BEVs are also substantially heavier than a comparably sized ICE vehicle which also contributes significantly to their increased tire wear.
Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Can you coast in an EV or is it always either accelerating or decelerating?

I think I'm a fairly efficient ICE driver (light acceleration, try to use the brake as little as possible, etc.), and wondering if those habits will have any benefit in the EV space?
The difference is that you’ll learn to gradually feather foot pressure off of the accelerator pedal vs. completely taking your foot off the pedal when you want to coast or slow down.

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Zoom in and scroll through (swipe left) these photos of the South American trip R1Ts. The show/event models have all had Pirelli Scorpion ATs, but the white truck has Pirelli Scorpion All-Season tires. Will no doubt be an option in the configurator and something to consider. AS = less rolling resistance and better range/mileage vs. knobby ATs = better off road and weather traction. Plus I like the way the ATs look! Choices to ponder, I guess. There’s also the price difference to consider.

I’m getting the AT’s and will travel most places with it, looks better. When I make a non off road trip I’m purchasing the 21 inch ugly rim and tires for the better rolling resistance. Might cost me a bunch but for the money I’m spending already it’s a no brainer. P. S. I’m not telling the wife and will probably purchase separately with my CC ?...
Sponsored

Last edited: