First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
I've nixed the 21" from my list due to concerns about availability. I've had blowouts before on hard-to-find tires. Looking at TireRack there is only one 21" listed for the R1T, eight compatible tires for 22", 3 compatible options for the 20". I am currently configured for 22", figuring that I am not intending to do real off road and assuming that there will be less of a range hit from the 21" rated range than with the 20". We sometimes have significant snow where I am, but not too often and have done OK with the AS tires on my Subaru.

Is there actual information available on range for the 22" and the 20"? Don't recall seeing that.

Any other thoughts on what I might be missing would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

lmr

First Name
Lane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Passat B7, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Technical Product Management
Clubs

I've nixed the 21" from my list due to concerns about availability. I've had blowouts before on hard-to-find tires. Looking at TireRack there is only one 21" listed for the R1T, eight compatible tires for 22", 3 compatible options for the 20". I am currently configured for 22", figuring that I am not intending to do real off road and assuming that there will be less of a range hit from the 21" rated range than with the 20". We sometimes have significant snow where I am, but not too often and have done OK with the AS tires on my Subaru.

Is there actual information available on range for the 22" and the 20"? Don't recall seeing that.

Any other thoughts on what I might be missing would be appreciated.

Thanks!
From Rivian's website:

"From the hottest places to the coldest — from 130ºF to -25ºF — our battery system was built to explore, delivering an EPA estimated 314 miles of range when paired with 21" wheels. For 20" wheels, our estimates show a range reduction of 10-15%, with a 5-10% reduction for 22" wheels. Estimates may vary depending on driving style and conditions."
From posts I have seen from current owners of the R1T, they report average range of ~270 miles/charge on 20" A/Ts in All-Purpose mode at mostly highway speeds of 70-80 mph in cold but not freezing temperatures. And ~290 miles in Conserve mode with the same setup and conditions. These numbers are pretty close with the % ranges quoted above from Rivian's website.

OP
OP
C.R. Rivian

C.R. Rivian

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Niro EV...R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
retired
From Rivian's website:

From posts I have seen from current owners of the R1T, they report average range of ~270 miles/charge on 20" A/Ts in All-Purpose mode at mostly highway speeds of 70-80 mph in cold but not freezing temperatures. And ~290 miles in Conserve mode with the same setup and conditions. These numbers are pretty close with the % ranges quoted above from Rivian's website.
Thanks!