Sponsored

Tip: hit the hazard button when you have an issue to help service techs find logs ahead of visiting

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Saw this tip on reddit and thought it might be worth sharing.

To help them better diagnose issues before coming to do the service. This allows them to make sure they have all the parts necessary.

Press the hazard switch on then off, this records a "flag" in the logs at that time of the error or dash light, so the techs on the backend know exactly when to look at the long logs.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Can confirm. The employee that did my Mobile Drive hit the hazard button to note a weird stop when I mentioned it to flag it for support. Coming to a stop with regen only I noticed that it got abruptly stronger around 20 mph as if the friction brakes engaged.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
A service advisor told me about this.

I found this thread googling it because its seems rather weird to have it be the hazard button.

Why would I want to hit the hazard button to flag an issue with Driver+ while going down the highway. I don't even want to blink my hazards.

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
A service advisor told me about this.

I found this thread googling it because its seems rather weird to have it be the hazard button.

Why would I want to hit the hazard button to flag an issue with Driver+ while going down the highway. I don't even want to blink my hazards.
I would assume it's because hazards are likely one of the least used buttons in the vehicle. If it was a more commonly used button, then there would be a gazillion "flags" in the system for no reason. If it was buried somewhere in the display menu, it may be too distracting and take too long before it gets flagged. A quick tap of the hazards is both convenient and infrequent. I can't imagine a split second of having your hazards on would have any material impact on you or surround vehicles while driving.

Sponsored

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

These days, you just press & hold your name on the display for ~5 seconds. You’ll get an acknowledgment on the screen that the logs were tagged.

jollyroger

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3, R1T
Occupation
IT Manager
I don’t think hazards were meant to be flagged. It’s just an easy string to search for since it’s used so little. That is until the hold you name for 5 seconds came along.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
If you hold your profile name in the top left it will log to diagnostics. That may be better than the hazards.
Sponsored