Sponsored

Time to delivery.... if I order now.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Just google the fuel efficiency of RAV4 Prime and you will change your mind. City or freeway, it's already way better than most ICEs out there.
It doesn't. I like myself way too much to drive a RAV4.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mtb_Erik38

Mtb_Erik38

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Unlimited Rubicon, 2017 BMW 430i Gran Coupe
Occupation
Professional Bicycle Fitter
Update:

Just yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 4cyl. I got the outback because it's wayyyy more comfortable, much more quiet, smoother, and gets nearly the same mpg as the Forester. It has 24k miles on it and I bought it for 24,500. It comes with 9" of ground clearance and it'll last me until I can get my R1T.

I just put a deposit to get in line for the R1T, so now I'm just waiting to see how long till I take delivery.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Update:

Just yesterday, I pulled the trigger on a 2018 Subaru Outback Limited 4cyl. I got the outback because it's wayyyy more comfortable, much more quiet, smoother, and gets nearly the same mpg as the Forester. It has 24k miles on it and I bought it for 24,500. It comes with 9" of ground clearance and it'll last me until I can get my R1T.

I just put a deposit to get in line for the R1T, so now I'm just waiting to see how long till I take delivery.
Congrats. Should be a great car to hold you over. It is a good question on if you order now when can you expect delivery. I'm planning on buying an EV in 2023 or 2024 depending on finances. I've been going back and forth if I should place a deposit now or wait until it's close to 2023. I've got a 10 year old VW GTI that should make it a few more years and a 21 year old 4Runner that seems like it will never die.

Sponsored

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think it would be very smart to put in a preorder now before Rivian starts getting tons of press. You may actually be close to the "front of the line" (depending on your location and configuration) after Rivian launches and the attention drives (pun intended) more people to reserve en masse.
I've actually thought about the demand after press picks up. I have a sneaking suspicion that the overall demand will shoot up dramatically soon. Because of FOMO, i just also put in a pre-order a R1T max pack assuming I want it sometime in 2023, maybe (in addition to the LE R1S I currently anticipate late 21/ early 22). I can always adjust it later.

Last edited:

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Update:

Did you get the manual?

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
They don't make it in a manual.
Oh that sucks, we got a 2018 Forester in manual just to avoid the CVT. Even though it doesn't have much power, with the off road tires it does a nice job.
However I def see what you beam about the outback being quieter than the Forester.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
Does anyone have a guess on how many r1t LE preorders were taken? I've seen 50k thrown out often for total reservations. Trying to guess how many LE's need to be built before the the rest start rolling off the line.
If you look at the Ford Bronco order conversion rate for 2021, 66% of preorders converted to actual orders. And that might be one if the most popular models to debut in a long time.
If indeed r1t preorders are around 50k that might put actual converted orders around 33k or so.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Does anyone have a guess on how many r1t LE preorders were taken? I've seen 50k thrown out often for total reservations. Trying to guess how many LE's need to be built before the the rest start rolling off the line.
If you look at the Ford Bronco order conversion rate for 2021, 66% of preorders converted to actual orders. And that might be one if the most popular models to debut in a long time.
If indeed r1t preorders are around 50k that might put actual converted orders around 33k or so.
I'd guess it's closer to 25k at most, and they have no interest in increasing that number. Listening to my gut I'm guessing it's probably closer to 10 to 15k. That's mostly working back from assuming they had wanted to get 90%+ LE out the door in 2021 originally with about 6 months to deliver them, while having a relatively comfortable ramp up in production.

They'll also start the regular pre-orders before finishing off all of the LE based on what they've communicated to date.

In reality none of us who aren't part of Rivian know for sure, and we are all making some rather poorly educated guesses.

Last edited:

Greyrm

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, BMW x5
I put my deposit in 4 months ago and don’t expect to see my vehicle until 2023. Enough time for my wife who said it was ok to revisit my spending 100k on a truck and cancel my order when Im not looking!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Because of FOMO, i just also put in a pre-order a R1T max pack assuming I want it sometime in 2023, maybe (in addition to the LE R1S I currently anticipate late 21/ early 22). I can always adjust it later.
I put in a second preorder as well a couple months ago, due to potential demand.

I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it, but my reasoning is that there might be some "version 2" updates/fixes/improvements and I should know by then whether I might want the Max Pack R1S. I'm also guessing there could be a decent resale market for my LE since I expect demand to exceed supply.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I put in a second preorder as well a couple months ago, due to potential demand.

I don't know if I'll pull the trigger on it, but my reasoning is that there might be some "version 2" updates/fixes/improvements and I should know by then whether I might want the Max Pack R1S. I'm also guessing there could be a decent resale market for my LE since I expect demand to exceed supply.
You might also be able to option the removable roof by then. I'm personally more interested in that than the glass roof. Especially if it's body colored, fits in the bed, and functions like the freedom top on my wife's jeep.

Mcfly Rivian

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
I'd guess it's closer to 25k at most, and they have no interest in increasing that number. Listening to my gut I'm guessing it's probably closer to 10 to 15k. That's mostly working back from assuming they had wanted to get 90%+ LE out the door in 2021 originally with about 6 months to deliver them, while having a relatively comfortable ramp up in production.

They'll also start the regular pre-orders before finishing off all of the LE based on what they've communicated to date.

In reality none of us who aren't part of Rivian know for sure, and we are all making some rather poorly educated guesses.
I think you might be close with those numbers. I configured adventure trim with 20's. Figure these would get built quickest, closest to the LE configuration. I'm also less than 10 miles from the El Segundo service center. Hopefully this helps my build date.
Sponsored