Tie Down Anchor Points

Petaluma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X, Land Rover LR4, GMC 2500
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
I needed additional tie-down anchor points in the bed. Haven't seen any great solutions so I came up with my own. Mounted wide contour L track to the existing bolt locations in the bed. The wide contour track is just wide enough to cover the holes in the plastic bed liner. No more threading tie down straps through the wheels of my dirt bikes and fat tire ebikes.

Rivian R1T R1S Tie Down Anchor Points Rivian Bed
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Nice. Got a link to the track you used?

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/collections/track

They make the best tie downs available. I don't work for them-just a customer. But, I've thrown out all my old tie down straps after buying several kits from Mac's.
I’m looking for upper side bed tie downs to secure my bed extender net that I plan to use for lumber and eBikes. How strong are the two points on each upper side of the bed (under the 1” plastic caps)? What are these for?

It seems like 18-19” between these, so maybe a 2’ rail? Will it be strong enough? Do I need to Re drill the rail mounting holes thru the rail? So many questions, few answers.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I’m looking for upper side bed tie downs to secure my bed extender net that I plan to use for lumber and eBikes. How strong are the two points on each upper side of the bed (under the 1” plastic caps)? What are these for?

It seems like 18-19” between these, so maybe a 2’ rail? Will it be strong enough? Do I need to Re drill the rail mounting holes thru the rail? So many questions, few answers.
Check out the molle panels offered by Built Right; these should give you plenty of tie down options.

https://builtrightind.com/products/bedside-rack-system-bedside-molle-panel-kit-rivian-r1t-2022

Sponsored

Leonbmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2020 Tesla MY
Occupation
Boeing Design Engineer
Clubs

This tread should answer your questions:
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/installed-s-track-tie-down-rails-to-rivian-r1t-bed.8744/

Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
I needed additional tie-down anchor points in the bed. Haven't seen any great solutions so I came up with my own. Mounted wide contour L track to the existing bolt locations in the bed. The wide contour track is just wide enough to cover the holes in the plastic bed liner. No more threading tie down straps through the wheels of my dirt bikes and fat tire ebikes.

Rivian Bed.jpg
Thanks for the info on Mac's.

I did the same mod over the weekend and I love it.

Rivian R1T R1S Tie Down Anchor Points PXL_20230419_214825279
Sponsored