Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla S, LX470, R1200GSA, 500EXC-F
Received and installed the Orvis Seat Cover yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. The Large size is darn near a perfect fit. Not inexpensive but very good materials and well-built. Microfiber on surface is perfect 'tuft' and grip for dogs but still relatively smooth and 'grip' texture underneath appears to be just enough to keep it in place but not get weird (or damage) the seat materials.

I don't have experience with any of the others people have listed but took a flyer on this one (was in stock at local Orvis) and very happy with it.

This is the Slate color (that looks black on website photos) but is a dark gray that matches the rivian black interior really well.

https://www.orvis.com/grip-tight-quilted-microfiber-backseat-protector/20HP.html

Multiple Dog approved. (The Golden didn't feel like posing this morning).

Rivian R1T R1S Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover IMG_7646

Rivian R1T R1S Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover IMG_7641 2
Sponsored

FutureTruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Pre Order 10/2021, Delivered 8/2022
Ordered this for my dirty dogs and dirtier kids, thanks for the recommendation. $150 shipped with discount code.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Thanks for sharing... I think I like this configuration better than the hammocks!

Runs_4_beer

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, Audi Q7, F350
Yes, I picked up the hammock version as my dog likes jump in the front seat. I have the hose off version since she also loves to go swimming, or at least try in any amount of water. I'm very happy, but it was expensive.

cbrcanuck

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Received and installed the Orvis Seat Cover yesterday and couldn't be happier with it. The Large size is darn near a perfect fit. Not inexpensive but very good materials and well-built. Microfiber on surface is perfect 'tuft' and grip for dogs but still relatively smooth and 'grip' texture underneath appears to be just enough to keep it in place but not get weird (or damage) the seat materials.

I don't have experience with any of the others people have listed but took a flyer on this one (was in stock at local Orvis) and very happy with it.

This is the Slate color (that looks black on website photos) but is a dark gray that matches the rivian black interior really well.

https://www.orvis.com/grip-tight-quilted-microfiber-backseat-protector/20HP.html

Multiple Dog approved. (The Golden didn't feel like posing this morning).

IMG_7646.jpg

IMG_7641 2.jpg
That looks sharp - nice fit. And the seatbelt passthrough works/fits ok? Now it just needs a velcro access patch for the gear tunnel passthrough and it's a perfect fit!

Sponsored

OP
OP
idiocyafoot

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That looks sharp - nice fit. And the seatbelt passthrough works/fits ok? Now it just needs a velcro access patch for the gear tunnel passthrough and it's a perfect fit!
Dang hadn’t thought about the pass through!

All the 3d printer people are stepping up. Who’s breakin’ out the Sailrite?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Rivian R1T R1S Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover 1660428980072

Here's what it looks like if you add the Orvis seat extenders. (Probably looks even sharper if you don't accidentally order them in two different colors, like I did...) At some point I'm probably going to have to get a ramp for the older dog. It's a tall climb.

OP
OP
idiocyafoot

idiocyafoot

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice. Yeah I have I found sport lowest setting and front seat all the way forward lets our older (8 yo golden) dog in and out ok. (The 6 mo doodle would about jump on the roof if she had reason to or figured out how fun it would be.). One of the reasons we didn’t do hammock was we wanted them to be able to climb in to floor level. Is that the orvis seat back protector/barrier?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Nice. Yeah I have I found sport lowest setting and front seat all the way forward lets our older (8 yo golden) dog in and out ok. (The 6 mo doodle would about jump on the roof if she had reason to or figured out how fun it would be.). One of the reasons we didn’t do hammock was we wanted them to be able to climb in to floor level. Is that the orvis seat back protector/barrier?
Yes. It’s ok but maybe wouldn’t be my #1 recommendation. I had to cut out the bottom because it blocked the rear vents in my Audi. And the little bungee hooks on the bottom were worthless in the Audi and continue to be worthless in the Rivian.

Our GWP is almost 9. Our doodle is 18 months and has pogo sticks for legs… I might remove one of the extenders and try moving a seat forward but keeping one extender in place let’s me put their water on a flat surface: Lixit Dog Travel Water Bowl 3 Quarts https://a.co/d/2EkJvjF

Sponsored

StefanB

First Name
Stefan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Sales and BD
I also purchased the Orvis rear area cover for my dogs. Picked up my R1S today and put in the cover. Works perfectly, good quality and seems like it will stand up to some dirty dogs and kids. Here are some photos.

Rivian R1T R1S Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover IMG_1276_pet_cover

Rivian R1T R1S Thumbs (and paws) up for Orvis Seat Cover IMG_1277_orvis_dogcover

Whyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
What size did you go with for the hammock? Seems like Rivian seat width is 54" but the hammock comes in 51" (large) and 62" (x-large).

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Look at how nice your doggo poses for pictures.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
1660428980072.png

Here's what it looks like if you add the Orvis seat extenders. (Probably looks even sharper if you don't accidentally order them in two different colors, like I did...) At some point I'm probably going to have to get a ramp for the older dog. It's a tall climb.
How is the Orvis seat extender working for you? I am thinking about trying the version that has storage in it, it looks like yours might be the foam version.
Sponsored