Sponsored

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I took a screenshot of the original post and sent it to my guide. That was my exact configuration but now can’t get powered tonneau. My truck is in transit now. My guide told me that truck is an old build where the purchase fell through and that there are no new builds with powered tonneau covers.

As an aside she said they are expecting the manual tonneau to be available “mid-late March.” I’ll take that as late March.
Sorry, can't resist. March 2023 or March 2024?
Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

My guide did not tell me about when the new powered tonneau would be in production. The only thing that was said about powered tonneau covers was in response to my question about future retrofits from manual to powered tonneau. The answer was: “ Since it needs to be produced within the vehicle early in production, it can't be added after the fact.” That quote continues to disappoint me.
Ooops. Misread your post. You said manual. My bad.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
Sorry, can't resist. March 2023 or March 2024?
A totally fair and expected response. In the past I’ve been accused of being a “glass half empty kind of guy.” It looks like I have a good chance of taking delivery by the end of March but I will still be shocked if there is any tonneau cover on the truck when I pick it up. I honestly don’t understand the delay. I’m trying to be optimistic that maybe they have redone/altered the original manual tonneau design so that we can use the gear guard cable while maintaining locked bed storage or maybe the manual tonneau will magically retract. However, the glass half empty guy really expects 4 boring interlocking panels to arrive in a big box on my doorstep in April or May. And for the record, April or May of 2023.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

It was a complete shock to my guide when I pointed this out and I picked up the blue one... He confirmed that it was manufactured in Aug 22 and our best guess is that it was defective in some way and just got "refreshed or rebuilt". It does have the original powered tonneau.
You were able to select a blue one today with the powered tonneau!? I am incredibly jealous. Do you mind sharing the configuration?

And does anyone know if the red one is still available?

Sponsored

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
You were able to select a blue one today with the powered tonneau!? I am incredibly jealous. Do you mind sharing the configuration?

And does anyone know if the red one is still available?
Yes, I just happened to do a search right when they were available. Completely by chance. I immediately snapped it up and then called my guide to confirm there wasn't a mistake haha...

Config was: Blue, Adventure, Quad motor, Large battery, 20" All terrain, Black mountain + dark ash wood, underbody shield, hooks, and Powered tonneau.

Once I was confirmed my access to the store was removed so I can't see if it is still there.

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (upgraded), 20"] 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

I wouldn’t get your hopes up that it actually comes with the tonneau. It might come with some of the hardware, and you’ll pay list price for the capability, but you’ll most likely be stuck in the same situation as anyone else who took delivery post-October 1(ish) - waiting for the eventual retrofit.
No, I'll wager that it will come with the PTC, but it may or may not be working. I found one in the store in late February that had a PTC. It is now at the local SC, waiting on the financing to clear the final hurdles, so that I can pick it up. However, some time after my truck arrived at the local SC, the PTC malfunctioned. As a consequence, my truck's PTC will be in the locked open mode. The gentleman from the SC said that in a matter of months (who knows how many) there will be an upgrade to repair the broken PTCs.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Yes, I just happened to do a search right when they were available. Completely by chance. I immediately snapped it up and then called my guide to confirm there wasn't a mistake haha...

Config was: Blue, Adventure, Quad motor, Large battery, 20" All terrain, Black mountain + dark ash wood, underbody shield, hooks, and Powered tonneau.

Once I was confirmed my access to the store was removed so I can't see if it is still there.
Wow. That's absolutely crazy. Congratulations! I would have snatched that in a heartbeat, too.

Are you based in the southeast? EDIT: Sorry, I see Alabama on your profile. Congrats, again.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
Wow. That's absolutely crazy. Congratulations! I would have snatched that in a heartbeat, too.

Are you based in the southeast?
Thanks! I am excited.

Yes, north Alabama. It has been torture seeing all the R1Ts in my city. I have to see two every morning. They share my commute and then others around town. I have only seen one R1S.

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Well, your patience and perseverance has paid off! Well played!

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

rivpop

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
CIO
Just took delivery of a shop R1T with the PTC this past week - but was delivered broken (2 slats out and crooked). Never was mentioned that it was broken as I was scheduling delivery. I knew by the VIN it was an older build which was OK with me (given the recent changes such as Meridian) but was also surprised that the frunk lacked the 12V outlet and was fitted with the single magnet latch.

Insight75

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Pharmaceuticals
I hope the manual still rolls in and its not just 4 slats that you have to remove.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I hope the manual still rolls in and its not just 4 slats that you have to remove.
From day one, Rivian has said the Manual Tonneau is literally "4 slats that you have to remove".
Sponsored