Sponsored

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S Plaid, 64 Mustang
I don’t know if this is old stock being sold or the redesign, but I do know that none of the vehicles in the shop have had powered tonneaus since I got access a couple of weeks ago.

So.. is it the redesign?!

Rivian R1T R1S Three R1T with powered tonneau just showed up in the R1 Shop. 2660C1FF-1C24-4602-9484-943ABD576A25
Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer
Collector's item.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
Powered tonneau would be pretty sweet, if it worked... I certainly am envious when I see one in the wild.

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
I took a screenshot of the original post and sent it to my guide. That was my exact configuration but now can’t get powered tonneau. My truck is in transit now. My guide told me that truck is an old build where the purchase fell through and that there are no new builds with powered tonneau covers.

As an aside she said they are expecting the manual tonneau to be available “mid-late March.” I’ll take that as late March.

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

I took a screenshot of the original post and sent it to my guide. That was my exact configuration but now can’t get powered tonneau. My truck is in transit now. My guide told me that truck is an old build where the purchase fell through and that there are no new builds with powered tonneau covers.

As an aside she said they are expecting the manual tonneau to be available “mid-late March.” I’ll take that as late March.
Does that truck have post-3/1/2022 pricing? Seems quite high.

EDIT. Just visualized one. Looks like this is post-3/1 pricing but with only a $1000 charge for the vintage powered tonneau?

I may have missed something. My attention is split at the office right now. LOL.

Rivian R1T R1S Three R1T with powered tonneau just showed up in the R1 Shop. Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 2.09.46 PM

mikehmb

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
eGolf, i3, R1T
I wouldn’t get your hopes up that it actually comes with the tonneau. It might come with some of the hardware, and you’ll pay list price for the capability, but you’ll most likely be stuck in the same situation as anyone else who took delivery post-October 1(ish) - waiting for the eventual retrofit.

pathfinder2

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 4runner, KS S18
Occupation
Software Design Engineer
It was a complete shock to my guide when I pointed this out and I picked up the blue one... He confirmed that it was manufactured in Aug 22 and our best guess is that it was defective in some way and just got "refreshed or rebuilt". It does have the original powered tonneau.

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nice! Glad it worked out for someone. I have a blue one with the powered tonneau and love it. Haven’t had an issue yet, but yes I know it is likely I will at some point. Ability to use the bed as locked storage is just so nice, though.

It was a complete shock to my guide when I pointed this out and I picked up the blue one... He confirmed that it was manufactured in Aug 22 and our best guess is that it was defective in some way and just got "refreshed or rebuilt".

Sponsored

OP
OP

rhuber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lol that went fast. Only one left. Canyon red.

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 🤞
Oh man! I just entered 8 steps on a truck that looks otherwise identical, wish that been up there a week ago.
You may ask your Guide to unmatch you to current VIN and grab that one with the power tonneau. Nite: I don’t know how quickly you can pick again once unmatched - ask your guide.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

Dang it! I missed out again. There's only 1 in the shop right now - a Canyon Red one with 20's. Not my cup of tea.

@TimJim did your guide tell you that the power cover was going to be in production mid-march or that they would start repairing existing covers then?

TimJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6
My guide did not tell me about when the new powered tonneau would be in production. The only thing that was said about powered tonneau covers was in response to my question about future retrofits from manual to powered tonneau. The answer was: “ Since it needs to be produced within the vehicle early in production, it can't be added after the fact.” That quote continues to disappoint me.

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
Not to rain on the parade, but I picked up an R1T from the shop in December with a power cover; They deliver it locked open until a retrofit. Goodluck maybe they'll forget though :like:
Sponsored