Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

What about the R1S deliveries?
Most likely that Rivian has filled most of preordered Ts (that they are willing to deliver near SC) and have excess supply of components inventory.

Since the S is lagging T by 9~12 months, in real terms, we won't see anything like it for at least 6 more months, if ever. They will have had time to adjust the component supply to their production runs such that this condition will not exist.

Additionally, Rivian wants to start delivering dual motor Ts ASAP. Helps their gross margin and not lose the newer reservation holders who have much choice going forward.

As an S preorder holder, I am tired of waiting but it's out of our control so I don't get upset by it. It comes when it comes...

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

We would be willing to go to the factory to get our R1T. A couple of years ago we changed our delivery address to the Factory in Normal. We got a somewhat curt letter from Rivian telling us that this was not permitted. The powers that be at Rivian changed the address in our account back to our home address in Santa Rosa Beach. They also told us that our account would be monitored. This makes us a little gun shy to change our address again. They may ask us for utility bills to prove that we have moved.
Apparently ok for them to play the geography game but not you.

I wouldn't mind the dual motor. I'd even wait a little while for it.

MileHigh

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 430i GC, R1T
6/2/22 R1T reservation holder close to the Denver service center.

Saw the news yesterday and couldn’t wait - spoke with support and told to “keep an eye on my email”.

Hopeful that all my inbox refreshing helps… /s

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Bummer, looks like the closest one to you is 300 miles away in Atlanta, GA Appears there is not a lot of coverage in that area.

Not a lot of DCFC charging down there either, I was just in Destin, stopped at Chipley on my way in and Pensacola on my way out but had to use destination chargers while I was there.
Road trip

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

That is a good question. We have liked the look of the Rivian from the first conceptual renderings. That's why we placed our deposit at the very beginning. We also liked the idea of buying from an Americam start-up. We need a pick-up truck and Rivian was the EV first product available that met our wants and needs. We never anticipated the service debacle that Rivian has gotten themselves into from the outset.

Ford is already delivering the Lightning and Chevrolet's Silverado E is hitting the street soon. We are looking at these options. We plan to hang in with Rivian a bit longer as we had not planned to replace our Silverado Durumax until 2024. We are hoping that Rivian can come up with a plan to sell and service vehicles nationwide. If they are to stay viable, this has to happen soon.

Brian
Probably not SOON

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

This is strange to me. I live in Florida too (though only 50 miles from Miami SC), I switched to R1T in February, and 3 weeks later, I had a VIN. See my sig..

Are you really that far from a SC?
Solutions finally. Do what you need to do to get your vehicle.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

6/2/22 R1T reservation holder close to the Denver service center.

Saw the news yesterday and couldn’t wait - spoke with support and told to “keep an eye on my email”.

Hopeful that all my inbox refreshing helps… /s
Congratulations

Sponsored

ED05

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
We would be willing to go to the factory to get our R1T. A couple of years ago we changed our delivery address to the Factory in Normal. We got a somewhat curt letter from Rivian telling us that this was not permitted. The powers that be at Rivian changed the address in our account back to our home address in Santa Rosa Beach. They also told us that our account would be monitored. This makes us a little gun shy to change our address again. They may ask us for utility bills to prove that we have moved.
I've let customer service know that I'm willing to pickup at Orlando or Atlanta Service Center. Although that doesn't seem to make a difference. I understand the SC piece, just wish Rivian would say how close to an SC you need to be. All that said, I park next to an R1T. He went down to Orlando and picked it up. Funny that he ordered six months after me, Nov 21. Apparently had a family member that worked for Rivian. I've considered changing my address to my daughter's home in San Antonio.

André

First Name
André
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes Sprinter, Tesla Model Y Long Range
Occupation
Finances
There was around 75k preorders a year ago minus 25k trucks delivered last year so they got 65k new orders in the last year to get to the current 115k book of preorders (latest disclosure). If they maintain 50-65k new orders per year and can only build 50-62k trucks this year, they can focus on new orders forever and leave pre-march 2021 price hike orders unconfirmed until we ultimately cancel. Sounds like their current strategy whether you live near a SC or not…

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
There was around 75k preorders a year ago minus 25k trucks delivered last year so they got 65k new orders in the last year to get to the current 115k book of preorders (latest disclosure). If they maintain 50-65k new orders per year and can only build 50-62k trucks this year, they can focus on new orders forever and leave pre-march 2021 price hike orders unconfirmed until we ultimately cancel. Sounds like their current strategy whether you live near a SC or not…
Does the 50-65K include EDV?