First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Some good news just posted by @CarterGee đź‘Ť

Hello everyone!​
It's Friday and that's a day that's just perfect for good news. Our friends at Rivian have informed us of some great news and I'm happy to share it with you directly.​
What's Happening?
As I type this, Rivian's begun inviting a new, large group of R1T reservation holders to configure their vehicles. Thousands of R1T reservation holders can expect an invitation from us in the coming days. Once their order is confirmed, they can expect to take delivery in the next 1-4 months.​
The Details
  • Invitations are sent to reservation holders based on order date, delivery address, model selection and other factors. Invitations to configure cannot be requested.
    • Once invited, reservation holders will notice that their configurator only allows them to select options expected to deliver in the next 1-4 months. This helps our customers better plan for their purchase by configuring vehicles being built in the near term. It also allows us to offer more accurate delivery window estimates in customer Account Pages.
  • You may notice that certain options are not selectable (because they won’t be delivering to reservation holders in the next 1-4 months). If you’d prefer to wait until an option becomes available, please note that pricing and option availability remain subject to change until you both save your configuration and subsequently confirm your order.
    • You are not price-protected until both these conditions are met.
The Process
Broadly speaking, you can expect the following sequence of events:​
  1. Rivian will email you an invitation to configure your R1T.
    1. You’ll then access configurator, browse available options, and then save your preferred configuration.
    2. Rivian will send you a follow up email asking you to “confirm your order”. Confirming your order means you don’t intend to make any more updates to your configuration, have confirmed the correct delivery address and would like Rivian to schedule the build of your vehicle.
    3. You’ll confirm your order by following the link in that email to your order confirmation page. From there, you’ll review and then agree to confirm your order and its terms and conditions.
    4. Once your order is confirmed, your Account Page will be updated to reflect your specific configuration. Your delivery window estimate will be set to “Processing estimate” until our next scheduled refresh and the factory options for your order will be price-protected so long as you make no further changes to your order.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This was long overdue. The way I got my truck so quickly was reading the forums and deducing what builds were being prioritized near term and switching my config to match that.

They should have had that more transparent like what they are doing now and given that option to people who were waiting longer. Technically they always had the option to guess as I did but this makes the process easier and more transparent.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Wow. Pretty amazing if true!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

This was long overdue. The way I got my truck so quickly was reading the forums and deducing what builds were being prioritized near term and switching my config to match that.

They should have had that more transparent like what they are doing now and given that option to people who were waiting longer. Technically they always had the option to guess as I did but this makes the process easier and more transparent.
This is for the people that were only able to place a reservation and not a specific configuration.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
This is for the people that were only able to place a reservation and not a specific configuration.
So people who are really recent? I don’t understand who doesn’t have a configuration.

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
So people who are really recent? I don’t understand who doesn’t have a configuration.
At some point after 3/1/22 people were only able to make a deposit for a truck, but not allowed to configure. Only after being invited were they able to configure, and then they entered the same circus as the rest of us.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I’m sure it is post March deposits. They have to be running out of pre-March reservations by now in some service center locations. They need to be feeding these service centers something and need to keep mfg rolling while they continue the build out of service regions.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Some good news just posted by @CarterGee đź‘Ť

Hello everyone!​
It's Friday and that's a day that's just perfect for good news. Our friends at Rivian have informed us of some great news and I'm happy to share it with you directly.​
What's Happening?
As I type this, Rivian's begun inviting a new, large group of R1T reservation holders to configure their vehicles. Thousands of R1T reservation holders can expect an invitation from us in the coming days. Once their order is confirmed, they can expect to take delivery in the next 1-4 months.​
The Details
  • Invitations are sent to reservation holders based on order date, delivery address, model selection and other factors. Invitations to configure cannot be requested.
    • Once invited, reservation holders will notice that their configurator only allows them to select options expected to deliver in the next 1-4 months. This helps our customers better plan for their purchase by configuring vehicles being built in the near term. It also allows us to offer more accurate delivery window estimates in customer Account Pages.
  • You may notice that certain options are not selectable (because they won’t be delivering to reservation holders in the next 1-4 months). If you’d prefer to wait until an option becomes available, please note that pricing and option availability remain subject to change until you both save your configuration and subsequently confirm your order.
    • You are not price-protected until both these conditions are met.
The Process
Broadly speaking, you can expect the following sequence of events:​
  1. Rivian will email you an invitation to configure your R1T.
    1. You’ll then access configurator, browse available options, and then save your preferred configuration.
    2. Rivian will send you a follow up email asking you to “confirm your order”. Confirming your order means you don’t intend to make any more updates to your configuration, have confirmed the correct delivery address and would like Rivian to schedule the build of your vehicle.
    3. You’ll confirm your order by following the link in that email to your order confirmation page. From there, you’ll review and then agree to confirm your order and its terms and conditions.
    4. Once your order is confirmed, your Account Page will be updated to reflect your specific configuration. Your delivery window estimate will be set to “Processing estimate” until our next scheduled refresh and the factory options for your order will be price-protected so long as you make no further changes to your order.
How is this different than the status quo..... thousands of deliveries in 4 months is nothing new.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I’m sure it is post March deposits. They have to be running out of pre-March reservations by now in some service center locations. They need to be feeding these service centers something and need to keep mfg rolling while they continue the build out of service regions.
The change happened in May sometime last year. There was a period of new pricing where you could still configure. Shortly after that they got rid of the configuration though, just reserve. It was because of the backlash on not being price protected and they wanted to make it more obvious they didn't intend it going forward.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The change happened in May sometime last year. There was a period of new pricing where you could still configure. Shortly after that they got rid of the configuration though, just reserve. It was because of the backlash on not being price protected and they wanted to make it more obvious they didn't intend it going forward.
True but they are still not price protected.

Seems like this notice is allowing to lock configuration and price which is why I used the price locked date in my reply.
Sponsored