Sponsored

R1T-USN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’19 X5 40i, ’07 X5 4.8, ’98 M Roadster
I still have 12 available in my shop view.

3 with underbody shield
1 Ocean Coast - Glacier White
5 Forest Edge interior

I received survey as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
Austin area - 9 in my shop view, unfortunately not my top choices. All adventure, mostly silver & white.

Hoping some LE’s sneak in soon, or I’ll just wait for my config.

ashnazg

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Leaf, Zero SR, Energica Experia, Honda NM4
Occupation
Software Developer
I thought it was interesting when the survey came in. Made me think they weren't getting enough new orders after opening the configurator up to reservation holders and Rivian is trying to determine why. I responded that I am waiting for dual motor. Rivian just needs to send an email out asking everyone what their preferred configuration is so they have a better idea of where to ramp and how much.
IIRC, I could have chosen the dual motor, but to also recognize those won't be built soon, and thus acknowledge the delay. I started to choose that in order to get the lower price, but quad was my original want anyway, so went with that.

Moddyhank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5 45e - Kia EV6
July 22 reservation holder here, just got my R1T shop access here in Denver. Only two expensive spec R1T showing up at the moment, do other regions see more options available at the moment? I was hoping to snag a LE if there were to show up again, otherwise probably change my order to a dual motor R1S and keep on waiting...

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
July 22 reservation holder here, just got my R1T shop access here in Denver. Only two expensive spec R1T showing up at the moment, do other regions see more options available at the moment? I was hoping to snag a LE if there were to show up again, otherwise probably change my order to a dual motor R1S and keep on waiting...
I got access to the shop here in NY and ended up pulling the trigger after a week watching the R1T’s come and go and never saw an LE pop up. I guess it’s regional.

Sponsored

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Another update -

Brooklyn Service Center contacted me today to arrange for delivery at the Brooklyn location on Friday.

All told, this is my journey:

June 6, 2022 - Reservation placed for R1T
March 10, 2023 - E-mail received to submit my configuration, submitted same day
March 11, 2023 - E-mail received to confirm my configuration, confirmed same day
March 14, 2023 - Granted access to R1T Vehicle Shop
March 17, 2023 - Found a configuration on the Shop that was close enough and sent it in. 8-Steps opened up shortly after
March 22, 2023 - E-mail received, Rivian is ready for delivery. Followed up by a phone call and arranged for a pickup on March 24, 2023.
March 24, 2023 - Picked up at Brooklyn SC, truck is perfect other than the spare tire compartment cover not latching on the right side. Mobile service appointment is set for next week to address it at my residence.

VIN is for a '23 model 173xx, Adventure, Quad, Large Battery, FG/FE, 20" AT, Tow Hooks

Truck has the Meridian sound system, no 12 volt outlets in the Frunk but there’s one under the dash in the cabin. .

Last edited:

Fmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 wrangler
This Really sucks. I am an April 2019 R1T order and still don't have a delivery date so I am right there with you. I have several friends locally who are in the same situation, However a one of them did an experiment. He changed his delivery address to a texas address where a family member lived and 3 months after changing his address, he took delivery of an amazing new R1T.. I am highly considering doing the same. I am a bit nervous about the service issues. Would have to get the truck 300 miles away to do service, but after 4 years of waiting. I may just take the leap and do it.
Any idea how sales tax was handled. My understanding is that TX charges at point of sale and you would have to pay again in La when registered. I think without a dealer network to invoice you may have to pay taxes twice. I know that Tesla will not allow for a TX delivery for sales tax purposes.
Sponsored