Sponsored

Thoughts on seeing a Rivian in person for the first time....

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
These were the photos from the run in posted in the real photos rorum. (notice the door handle lighting as well)
So I'm looking at these pictures and I'm liking that color for the interior. Thing is, that doesn't look anything like the "Ocean Coast" colors I'm seeing in the configurator. Hense, I've got "Black Mountain" selected for my colors as of now. The "Ocean Coast" looks waaaay lighter in color than what we see in those pictures. Maybe that's just it, the lighting...
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Might be confusing photos of 'Forest Green' interior with Ocean Coast off-white.
Those images are washed-out by flash or just low-quality, but that's not Ocean.

Rivian R1T R1S Thoughts on seeing a Rivian in person for the first time.... FG interior poorquality

NooterIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
was a 2019 Ram
Occupation
IT Stuff
Almost certain you are confusing photos of 'Forest Green' interior with Ocean.
Those images are washed-out by flash or just low-quality, but that's not Ocean.
Yup. Just realized that and was coming back to edit my post. I flat out didn't see the green in those pictures, looked more like a light tan.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

No worries. I'm still hopeful that Ocean has a noticeable gray tone and not just a dull near-white.
At least Ocean doesn't look like the crazy electric-white that Tesla offers. Like a 70's leather sofa.

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
5926AD25-DCC7-4C83-AAE3-151D111FBE07.png

These were the photos from the run in posted in the real photos rorum. (notice the door handle lighting as well)
I know this will sound dumb a bit, but where are the cup holders?
I hope they pop out of the armrest, and not under the center screen! It would suck to have your drink blocking it, but i think it would suck more not to have any....especially in an offroad trip.

Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Ah.. never mind I found the answer searching in another thread. It dies pop from the arm rest. I am not sure how it would hold a coffee cup from a drive thru though, maybe there is a spring loaded bottom like the sienna?

Rivian R1T R1S Thoughts on seeing a Rivian in person for the first time.... 1620186236310

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I hope they pop out of the armrest, and not under the center screen! It would suck to have your drink blocking it, but i think it would suck more not to have any....especially in an offroad trip.
No drinking in the Rivian.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

No drinking in the Rivian.
That's what I told my wife on our latest trip. No coffee, no snacks, no trash once we do it in the Rivian!

I promptly paid for lunch on my own card.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
That's what I told my wife on our latest trip. No coffee, no snacks, no trash once we do it in the Rivian!

I promptly paid for lunch on my own card.
What're you doing in the Rivian ??

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
You must be a Tesla owner if you are concerned about cup holders! Classic example of engineers being so focused on the really cool stuff that they miss the basics!

Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have one of the first production Model S vehicles with the open area that looks very similar to Rivian models. As a woman, yes i have put my purse there many times, perfect place! Also it is just convenient for backpacks, etc or whatever it is you want close access to. What is the best is an open space that makes it feel so much roomier inside. Most are so use to everything being cramped in all around you. Like the original Model S, Rivian embraces the minimalist utility to offer a roomier, sleek design. As a R1S reservation holder I am thrilled the open space is there!! Yay Rivian!
... This picture is from the R1T pics from the 2018 LA Auto show. I happened to take a photo with the cup holder showing.

IMG_3568 (1).jpg
You must be a Tesla owner if you are concerned about cup holders! Classic example of engineers being so focused on the really cool stuff that they miss the basics!
The pain with these useless Tesla cup holders is mind boggling. The arm rest for one is far too short so its useless as is, then you add the cup holders and it feels like you are in a mid 902 Mazda 323. I had to design to build my own to gain any benefit from that stupid design.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
@bajadahl I don't see any of the pictures . Where are they?

Also, little worried about the mesh pockets you mentioned. What/where are they exactly?

OP
OP
bajadahl

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT