Sponsored

Thinking of Postponing / Canceling or selling reservation

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Well, you can't sell it, so your options are get your deposit back or let it ride until you have to commit to a purchase. Looks like you're in Canada, so you'll have quite a while before committing. Unless you really need that deposit money, I'd just keep the reservation until you're forced to make a decision.

OP
OP

Sunielp

First Name
Suniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Well, you can't sell it, so your options are get your deposit back or let it ride until you have to commit to a purchase. Looks like you're in Canada, so you'll have quite a while before committing. Unless you really need that deposit money, I'd just keep the reservation until you're forced to make a decision.
Agree: Yes I am in Canada. I Think, I could sell it immediately upon taking Delivery, as long as I have a confirmed Buyer

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Agree: Yes I am in Canada. I Think, I could sell it immediately upon taking Delivery, as long as I have a confirmed Buyer
You could definitely flip it to someone else after delivery. Just be sure that the tax implications of doing that aren't severe (I don't know anything about Canadian tax law).

OP
OP

Sunielp

First Name
Suniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
You could definitely flip it to someone else after delivery. Just be sure that the tax implications of doing that aren't severe (I don't know anything about Canadian tax law).
Yes, I dont see a tax implication. But will explore none the less.

The only reason I would sell because of the FX on the US $ as it stands at 25%. So $100,000 USD will cost $125,000 CDN. That is a bummer eh!

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
1. Postponing - reasonable. go to a non LE
2. Cancelling - also reasonable. get your money back, let someone else move up in line
3. selling - well you cant and if you just flip then thats kinda douchey. I dont see these going for 20k over sticker. just let someone else have the next spot and spec how they want.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
bye?

Sponsored

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Word to the wise: change your profile "location" to NOT your full address. The interwebs have a lot of creeps.

Also, I'll consider buying your reservation. When did you pre-order?

OP
OP

Sunielp

First Name
Suniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RT1
Word to the wise: change your profile "location" to NOT your full address. The interwebs have a lot of creeps.

Also, I'll consider buying your reservation. When did you pre-order?
My order was confirmed Sep 23, 2019

Deleted member 2488

Yes, I dont see a tax implication. But will explore none the less.

The only reason I would sell because of the FX on the US $ as it stands at 25%. So $100,000 USD will cost $125,000 CDN. That is a bummer eh!
But you make 25% more salary, on average, if your CDN is work that much less, right? The tax implications would be paying sales/use tax on a truck, on top of capital gains. Not sure if either apply in CA.

I'm hoping they offer an option to defer your reservation a set amount, without getting to the back of the line. I may do this for a couple of months if it is an option.

Cam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota
Open to discussion on my Thoughts
You're probably a ways out still from needing to choose. Just wait and see what the market is like. When you need to confirm you will know delivery timeline and what these are selling at.

1. Postponing - reasonable. go to a non LE
2. Cancelling - also reasonable. get your money back, let someone else move up in line
3. selling - well you cant and if you just flip then thats kinda douchey. I dont see these going for 20k over sticker. just let someone else have the next spot and spec how they want.
*IF* people are buying these for 10-20k over sticker there is nothing "douchey" about flipping it.

As excited as I am about owning this vehicle, if someone wants it more than me i'll gladly keep driving my truck and order another Rivian.
Sponsored