_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'89 Trans Am GTA, '22 Rivian R1T, Pre-order '26 R2
Occupation
General Manager - Retail & Service
Clubs

Unfortunately I have the nearly exact same dent (same area, not as bad or deep) from a drunk driver who was trying to do a three point turn. I have not had it repaired yet, but the Rivian Authorized place here in So Cal, European Motor Cars (crazy nice, well organized facility. Can eat off the floors its that clean. Lots of high end cars) is saying some similar things. $7500 to repair but could be more, upwards of $14-15k if they cant get that rear quarter panel area back to factory spec, and need to replace the rear quarter panel, which would entail ordering the rear section piece of that panel from Rivian (they're doing one now with way worse damage then mine to side area and said the part came in a week) then had to take the gear tunnel apart, cut the side around that tunnel door and will be welding a new side panel piece on, which is extensive work. Hoping that will not be needed. Additionally, I am going after the other party for a Diminished Value Claim as the R1T is not worth nearly what it was 4 weeks ago with 650 miles on it in pristine condition.
wow, sorry to hear about your troubles, Today i found out one of the Miami service center guys is going through the same repair, same issue with statefarm not wanting to pay, he's been waiting for over a month and still cant pick up the vehicle because of no payment.

I am interested in this diminished value claim, how does this work ? if you dont mind giving me some info how i can go about this. thanks in advance.
Sponsored

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Miracle worker…

That guy is a $*&^#%$ wizard! A real artist. I had no idea PDR could be that good with someone that knows what they're doing.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
That guy is a $*&^#%$ wizard! A real artist. I had no idea PDR could be that good with someone that knows what they're doing.
I don’t know that guy. Maybe he is legit. I am wary of YouTube repair videos, though…. There are people who basically stage the repairs, and their “after” shots are really the car before, then they intentionally damage the vehicle and show scenes out of order. Not saying that is what happened in that video…. But it’s more widespread than you may expect and it does have me a bit jaded.

Olsonsolar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt - R1T on preorder
Occupation
enjoying life
Why does the panel need to be replaced. Couldn't they hammer it out?
How could that possibly not be able to be pulled out. I'd rather live with a bit of a dimple than have anyone spend over $21,000 for a fix. What a screw job.

coshesey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
Director Home Services
Front fenders are Aluminum.
Some hater on the 55 fwy was bitter at life and picked my car to punch in traffic...

I had PDR done by a wizard here in So Cal and there is no sign of the original damage

Pics are before and the video is after.

PK

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill IMG_1788

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill IMG_1789

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Funny you mention State Farm. Two years ago I was driving to Moab on I-70 in my Sprinter with two dirt bikes in the back. All of a sudden a dirt devil hits the van.

https://youtu.be/PQWl97R3BC0

The rocks cracked the windshield and left marks in the paint on the front and side of the van that would need to be repainted. I called State Farm and took it to the local body shop. The estimator came back with a $7700 bill. State Farm then had their estimator go look at it and raised the estimate to $9900. The work was started then I got an email that the van had special headlights that were nicked and the estimate was raised to $15K to cover the upgraded headlights and more things? I stopped by to look at the van a week later and saw this...

Mind you that the dirt level hit the van on the right front only!

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill 1668038583825

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill 1668038600754

The van was repaired and painted but clearly someone was doing more work than necessary!!

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill 1668038853413

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Funny you mention State Farm. Two years ago I was driving to Moab on I-70 in my Sprinter with two dirt bikes in the back. All of a sudden a dirt devil hits the van.

https://youtu.be/PQWl97R3BC0

The rocks cracked the windshield and left marks in the paint on the front and side of the van that would need to be repainted. I called State Farm and took it to the local body shop. The estimator came back with a $7700 bill. State Farm then had their estimator go look at it and raised the estimate to $9900. The work was started then I got an email that the van had special headlights that were nicked and the estimate was raised to $15K to cover the upgraded headlights and more things? I stopped by to look at the van a week later and saw this...

Mind you that the dirt level hit the van on the right front only!

1668038583825.jpeg

1668038600754.jpeg

The van was repaired and painted but clearly someone was doing more work than necessary!!

1668038853413.png
They often have to respray a lot of the car to match the area they fixed.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
But the whole other side of the van??
That might be excessive. However I just got my Tesla repaired. The front right fender, bumper and hood needed to be replaced. They said they were going to repaint both sides of my car up to about the rear doors to blend the paint. Actually just picking it up tomorrow morning.. It was about $10k for bumper, hood, tire, 1 headlight, and a couple camera/blinkers.

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I wish someone would grab a magnet to test on any Rivian, to settle the debate, to determine if that panel is steel...
I did this last week when i dropped the vehicle at the certified collision center, and yes, magnet did stick to the side and around the door areas (not on the actual doors, front, rear or gear guard all seemed aluminum and magnet didnt stick). Collision center CEO had just pulled up as i was doing this and he informed that the panel is in fact steel and he had just gotten back that morning from Normal and was at some training with some of his techs at Rivian. Told me issue with the area is with all the aluminum parts that are panel bonded and mechanically attached behind.

Sponsored

Lens

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade, Kia Sedona
After about 3 months of taking care, unfortunately got into an accident today that dented my front fender by the charge port. How do find Rivian certified body shops? I live in Chicago north suburbs.

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill IMG_20221110_202303

Rivian R1T R1S They hit me in my driveway resulting in $21,195.95 repair bill IMG_20221110_202259

OP
OP
_evtrk

_evtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

After about 3 months of taking care, unfortunately got into an accident today that dented my front fender by the charge port. How do find Rivian certified body shops? I live in Chicago north suburbs.

IMG_20221110_202303.jpg

IMG_20221110_202259.jpg
i called Rivian customer support and asked for a list of certified Rivian collision centers near me, your damage shouldnt be too bad as long as the support for the fender is intact. good luck and i hope yours doesnt take as long as mine has.

Lens

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade, Kia Sedona
i called Rivian customer support and asked for a list of certified Rivian collision centers near me, your damage shouldnt be too bad as long as the support for the fender is intact. good luck and i hope yours doesnt take as long as mine has.
Thank you. One certified shop estimated 6300 for repairs based on pictures. Parts could take longer.

marbro67

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
employed
Front fenders are Aluminum.
Some hater on the 55 fwy was bitter at life and picked my car to punch in traffic...

I had PDR done by a wizard here in So Cal and there is no sign of the original damage

Pics are before and the video is after.

PK

IMG_1788.jpg

IMG_1789.jpg
I’m also in So Cal and looking for a PDR expert. Can you share his contact info?
Sponsored