Sponsored

The train arrived in Seattle this weekend, deliveries coming soon

Kokovimax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Just got confirmation that my R1S arrived in Seattle this weekend, via train. It still needs to go to the Service Center in Bellevue and get the green light from them before they can schedule delivery, so will likely still take another week or so.

For reference: Ordered mine early Feb 2020 for reference: launch green, 20" AT. Delivery to Seattle/Green Lake neighborhood.

Anybody else on that same train? If so I'll be curious what you hear from the Service Center and the timelines you get for delivery.
Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

My experience with Bellevue was they were pretty quick to get thru pre-delivery inspection. Less than a week after it arrived at the SC. Congrats on the new arrival! The long wait is over.

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

My experience with Bellevue was they were pretty quick to get thru pre-delivery inspection.
Same. My guide gave me an ETA for delivery but the vehicle was ready ten days sooner.

I took delivery two weeks ago. Super friendly orientation guy. My wife pointed out some stains on our OC interior and he grabbed a rag and started cleaning it. Here's the product he used: Meguiars D10105

I waited until everyone was out of the vehicle before laying down a tarp and crawling underneath to inspect the underbody bolts. My wife and I worked through most of the Inspect portion of this checklist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1oYf0mDcZLJ8ejdgZpEBLJna1naaHIOVyj_ZVnO3xE/edit?usp=drivesdk

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Same. My guide gave me an ETA for delivery but the vehicle was ready ten days sooner.

I took delivery two weeks ago. Super friendly orientation guy. My wife pointed out some stains on our OC interior and he grabbed a rag and started cleaning it. Here's the product he used: Meguiars D10105

I waited until everyone was out of the vehicle before laying down a tarp and crawling underneath to inspect the underbody bolts. My wife and I worked through most of the Inspect portion of this checklist: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1e1oYf0mDcZLJ8ejdgZpEBLJna1naaHIOVyj_ZVnO3xE/edit?usp=drivesdk
so what'd you find so far?

domoplaytime

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T Adventure
Clubs

so what'd you find so far?
Not much! I've been lucky to have a well built truck, though I've only put 400+ miles on it so far. Here's what I've reported to the SC:
  • USB-C thumb drive not recognized for gear guard video download, but the same drive works in a friend's R1T.
  • My R1T cabin temperature sometimes increases dramatically (+7⁰F) in a short period after returning home and plugging in to my AC 240V charger. This happens even with the cabin climate control off and the vehicle asleep. The ambient air temperature in the garage is about 15⁰F lower than the cabin temperature when this has happened.
  • My passenger front side wheel well is about 3/4" lower than the driver's side. (This is common - or even the default? - but I reported it anyway)
  • My rear left passenger window experiences resistance and would not automatically go up all the way. I have worked around this with the 5-second window calibration technique. The problem has not returned in the past week.
Issues I have not (yet) reported:
  • Slight rattles inside the cabin on rough roads.
  • Charging port light comes back on despite being configured to stay off while charging at home (maybe it's waking along with GGGary, so I'll need to experiment).
Issues not specific to my truck that I notified my guide about but haven't submitted tickets for:
  • The next music track that plays shows a title overlaid on top of the turn by turn directions in the driver's display.
  • Long road names get truncated in the driver map view when the road call-out is rendered to the left. The problem is made worse by spelling instead of abbreviating qualifiers like 'Avenue'.
  • Playing Pandora through Alexa yields an overlay of inactive FM radio station info rendered on top of the current track from Pandora.
  • App: The charging session interface sometimes prevents you from scrolling and leaves the Session Details link grayed and disabled.
Feature requests I have sent to my guide:
  • Navigation and Maps
    • P4: The driver map view should be more zoomed in by default than the main display overhead view.
    • P2: On the main display, map zoom preferences (such as being zoomed out) should be restored after completing a navigation step such as turning. The automatic zoom before and during a navigation step is very useful, but should return to the previous zoom otherwise.
    • P2: Zooming by pinching the map on the main display should not also pan the map, which causes it to lose its center. The zoom controls on the main display are positioned too far to the right for the driver, so please support a good pinch gesture experience as an alternative.
    • P3: Recentering the map should not also reset the zoom. Maybe use a separate button under the zoom +/- icons?
    • P4: Route options should include preferring HOV lanes and Express lanes. As an example, the latter was not chosen for me when I was heading northbound on I5 toward downtown Seattle.
    • P4: If I put my turn signal on too early and I'm about to take the wrong turn/exit, please highlight or emphasize the correct street to alert me of my pending mistake.
  • Security
    • P1: PIN to Drive as an option.
    • P2: Auto lock after X minutes of inactivity and no key present. This should be an optional feature, and the value of X does not have to be configurable.
    • P2: PIN to Unlock Storage (frunk, gear tunnel, tailgate, tonneau) as an option. If I leave my vehicle unlocked accidentally it shouldn't be easy to steal my belongings from storage.
    • P3: App Alert if Left Unlocked as an option. If I forget to lock and the vehicle doesn't auto-lock then I should be alerted that the vehicle is unsecured if no key is present.
    • P3: Remote Disable from App or Website. I should be able to remotely disable the vehicle if it's stolen, e.g. put it in turtle mode, turn on the hazards (and horn?), and once the vehicle has come to a stop don't let it move again. Let me do this using the Rivian website or the App, on the occasion that my phone is in the car at the time it is stolen.
    • P4: I should be allowed to unlock the charge port at home without unlocking the vehicle. Upon returning home I commonly forget to plug in until after I have locked the vehicle.
    • P4: I would like an option for a quieter lock/unlock chirp which becomes louder upon pressing lock a second time.
  • Driving
    • P1: Creep Mode. Provide a way to temporarily enable slow forward / reverse movement coming out of a brake hold. This could be enabled via the drive mode screen, or by double-tapping the brake, or by ever so slightly engaging the accelerator pedal coming out of a brake hold or park. The vehicle should resume normal brake hold behavior only after the driver crosses a low speed threshold. I have a driveway that requires six or more points of execution including switching between forward and reverse multiple times on a slope, so creep must stay on until I complete the whole series of operations.
    • P4: Wiper Speed Shortcut for Downpour. Support double-tap on the wiper stalk side button to jump directly to Downpour mode. This is useful in Seattle when emerging from a tunnel into the rain at speed.
  • Music
    • P4: Play Next/Previous FM Radio Favorite. The FM radio favorites are accessible on the main display, but the steering wheel left side controls iterate through all available stations. Please enable an option in the FM radio settings page to have the steering wheel buttons skip to the next/previous favorite instead of the next available station.
  • Connectivity
    • P4: Tapping the hotspot icon on the status bar should bring up the hotspot settings page.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kokovimax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Hey all, keeping you up to date on this thread.

R1S arrived in Seattle on the train on Nov. 5th-6th. First update on from Service Center today, Nov 14th, providing an estimate of completion of the pre-delivery inspection process on Nov. 30th. It's possible that they complete it sooner, but they explained that there is some panel work (body shop) to be done, and made clear it was necessary to complete before delivery could be made. Not sure what that means exactly and I'll be able to learn more about what exactly needed to be done when it's ready for delivery.

I share to help others set their expectations for the inspection and delivery timelines, as 3 weeks is longer than I had planned for. Maybe your experiences will be different, but temper your excitement!

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
My (paid for) R1T is supposed to be on a train and arriving in Seattle the 19th. My guide seems too busy for any answers so I'm reaching out to locals. After arriving by train, how long does it usually take to run it through the Bellevue SC? I'm going to have a Dr. friend from Anacortes be here when mine arrives to help me check it out. He's had his for over a year and has 14,000 miles on it. (He should be valuable helping to check it out).

I live on Samish Island. Do I need to do anything else to check it out? I already have the Rivian 240-volt charger that seems to work as my grandson plugged his Tesla type 3 into it and charged when he was here for the 4th.

I paid $800.00 for the charger that showed $500.00 on my order at the time. My guide won't talk about the difference in price that I paid for the charger.
Sponsored