Sponsored

The Tax Credit Movement

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
OK, we need to start a movement. Anyone who has not taken delivery of their vehicle (and those who have if you would be so gracious as to help) please call CS or contact your guide to ask Rivian to make available a binding purchase agreement to protect our $7500 tax credit.

The senate just passed the new EV tax bill and it moves on to the house this week where it is expected to pass as well. This new bill will eliminate the tax credit for many if not all of us (possibly every Rivian sold). However, Rivian can allow us to keep the current credit by converting our reservation into a binding purchase agreement if they act before the president signs the bill into law. This can be done by simply having you confirm your configuration and allowing the $1000 deposit to become non-refundable. Fisker has already done this by sending an email to all of it's reservation holders and updating its website to allow for the agreement (This Youtube video explains it very well ). It obviously should be optional but it may save a bunch of us a whole lotta money.
Sponsored

KvonBCO

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Hyundai Kona EV, Subaru Outback
Planning on contacting them tomorrow. Seems like this should be simple enough, they just need to act quickly.

Reactions: Jac

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My email to RJ Scaringe sent earlier today. Feel free to copy or modify for your email tonight:

I am writing to strongly encourage Rivian to offer all preorder holders an opportunity to implement binding purchase contracts this week to ensure we will be eligible for $7500 federal tax credits under the law in effect today for R1 vehicles delivered after year end.
As long as Rivian intends to ultimately deliver the R1 vehicles pre-order holders have configured, I cannot think of a reason why Rivian would not want to have binding purchase contracts with its most committed customers to ensure they will be eligible to receive $7500 tax credits for R1 vehicles delivered to them in 2023.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
As I posted previously in the now locked thread, I emailed Rivian the following on July 29:
"Hello,

I placed a deposit for an R1S in April 2021. My initial estimated delivery date was last quarter of 2022 but this was subsequently pushed back to first half of 2023 via an email I received at the end of June 2022.

I know much is still up in the air, but some of your customers (myself included) will no longer qualify for EV tax credit if legislation currently going through congress passes due to either vehicle price cap or purchaser income cap.

However, it appears that the legislation has a transition clause that would allow people effected by these changes to qualify for the $7500 tax credit as it currently stands should they enter into a written binding contract to purchase a qualifying vehicle before the end of 2022.

I am sure Rivian is well aware of this and wonder if you can tell me if there is a possibility that Rivian will enact a written binding contract to purchase program for customers such as myself."

Response I received from Rivian August 2:
"Thanks for contacting us. We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of a Rivian! I'd be happy to shed some light on your inquiry.

We have seen this request from community members for the very same reason, it's definitely understandable. However, we are not providing such an opportunity at this time. Written and binding contracts are in the form of your purchase agreement and since you have not entered the purchase process, we are unable to fulfill your request."

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

As I posted previously in the now locked thread, I emailed Rivian the following on July 29:
"Hello,

I placed a deposit for an R1S in April 2021. My initial estimated delivery date was last quarter of 2022 but this was subsequently pushed back to first half of 2023 via an email I received at the end of June 2022.

I know much is still up in the air, but some of your customers (myself included) will no longer qualify for EV tax credit if legislation currently going through congress passes due to either vehicle price cap or purchaser income cap.

However, it appears that the legislation has a transition clause that would allow people effected by these changes to qualify for the $7500 tax credit as it currently stands should they enter into a written binding contract to purchase a qualifying vehicle before the end of 2022.

I am sure Rivian is well aware of this and wonder if you can tell me if there is a possibility that Rivian will enact a written binding contract to purchase program for customers such as myself."

Response I received from Rivian August 2:
"Thanks for contacting us. We can’t wait to get you behind the wheel of a Rivian! I'd be happy to shed some light on your inquiry.

We have seen this request from community members for the very same reason, it's definitely understandable. However, we are not providing such an opportunity at this time. Written and binding contracts are in the form of your purchase agreement and since you have not entered the purchase process, we are unable to fulfill your request."
At this point, with several days before the new EV tax credit is enacted, I’m hopeful intense Rivian customer feedback will prompt Rivian to act quickly. We just want binding purchase contracts this week to lock in our eligibility for a $7500 tax credit under the current tax credit law. With 90,000 preorder holders, the vast majority won’t be getting our R1T or R1S in the remaining months of 2022.

The March 1 episode demonstrates Rivian can change decisions very quickly with customer input,

Email: [email protected] today!

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Done.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Sent my e-mail to RJ because why not. Hopefully a flood will change the tide. Wouldn't be difficult for them to do this unless they had ulterior future motives on something unknown to us.

Reactions: Jac

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

I emailed my guide yesterday.
No reply so far.
Sponsored