Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I think that's a fair assumption. Although if the vehicle is pre-production, anything can be questioned. I ask because it's supposed to be kevlar, not plastic.
Right but Kevlar comes in many different forms. My bike socks are made out of Kevlar fibers and so are my combat gloves. I think the primary shields are kevlar composites but secondary ones might just be plastics. Again, just guesses, we really don't know for sure except the drivers who actually drove and worked on this R1T. Wonder if there is a way to PM them directly. I'm dying to know because I ordered both the truck and SUV...
Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I don't recall Rivian ever mentioning anything about kevlar. Only that the main underbody shield is composed of aluminum, steel and carbon fiber.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
I don't recall Rivian ever mentioning anything about kevlar. Only that the main underbody shield is composed of aluminum, steel and carbon fiber.
Sorry I meant carbon fiber, but my point is definitely not plastic.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Right but Kevlar comes in many different forms. My bike socks are made out of Kevlar fibers and so are my combat gloves. I think the primary shields are kevlar composites but secondary ones might just be plastics. Again, just guesses, we really don't know for sure except the drivers who actually drove and worked on this R1T. Wonder if there is a way to PM them directly. I'm dying to know because I ordered both the truck and SUV...
You can reply to her on Twitter. Others have got responses (IE: on charge rate).
Sponsored