Sponsored

The Rivian R1S: What Do You Want To Know? Rivian's closed-back family hauler is coming soon, but our review is coming even sooner.

Count Orlok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S/ 2024 INEOS Grenadier/ 1969 Ford / etc.
Occupation
retired

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
Wow. So they're writing an article prior to their review now? What do you call that?

I do find interesting, however, that this sounds much similar to the Colorado event that they did for the R1T. But that had a media embargo until afterwards, didn't it? Does it seem weird that they'd be able to just announce that they're going to be part of a media drive event a week beforehand?

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Meanwhile, Rivian STILL hasn't updated all R1S LE reservation holders - yet alone all R1 reservation holders on when they may actually get a vehicle!

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Meanwhile, Rivian STILL hasn't updated all R1S LE reservation holders - yet alone all R1 reservation holders on when they may actually get a vehicle!
In a way, they have. ā€˜Youā€™re not getting oneā€™ is the message receivedā€¦

Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Wow. So they're writing an article prior to their review now? What do you call that?

I do find interesting, however, that this sounds much similar to the Colorado event that they did for the R1T. But that had a media embargo until afterwards, didn't it? Does it seem weird that they'd be able to just announce that they're going to be part of a media drive event a week beforehand?
Jalopnik does this with a lot of "new" vehicles that they are scheduled to review soon. They ask what people want to know to make sure they try to get those specific ones answered. Not defending it, but this isn't new. Been doing it for years

zefram47

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, C6 Corvette GS
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Does it seem weird that they'd be able to just announce that they're going to be part of a media drive event a week beforehand?
A lot of these embargos are just on the actual driving impressions. Especially for a vehicle where almost everything is already known, this isn't weird at all.

echerod

First Name
Rodolfo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
A lot of these embargos are just on the actual driving impressions. Especially for a vehicle where almost everything is already known, this isn't weird at all.
Last time with the R1T the embargo precluded the media from mentioning even the most basic details, including the car company involved. I'm guessing they either decided to go a different route this time, or Jalopnik jumped the gun and might be crossed off the invite list...

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Wind noise will be identical to the R1T, just like 95% of the rest of the vehicle.
I think not. Having spent many hours in Suburbans, Tahoes and Silverados, I can tell you for a fact that the wind noise is different in all three. I expect Rivian to be the same.

NashvilleR1S

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2022 Pilot
Occupation
Cinematography
A lot of R1S reservation holders including me got updated timelines.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
I dont get your comment... He said not all, not none. I still didn't get anything as a feb 19' LE reservation holder....

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
You are the first Nov 2020 reservation holder I have heard of.

last Saturday they said updates over two weeks so I havenā€™t emailed or chatted CS yet but if Monday comes without an update - which is the third failed self-imposed deadline Rivian would miss in 6-weeks- then I am going apoplectic on the poor CS person with the message I know They didnā€™t cause it but they need to pass on to management that the failures end.

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

You are the first Nov 2020 reservation holder I have heard of.

last Saturday they said updates over two weeks so I havenā€™t emailed or chatted CS yet but if Monday comes without an update - which is the third failed self-imposed deadline Rivian would miss in 6-weeks- then I am going apoplectic on the poor CS person with the message I know They didnā€™t cause it but they need to pass on to management that the failures end.
Get ready to go apoplectic. Checked in today to try and get them to confirm we will be getting the updated window by the 25th and they are walking that back with the typical BS about the team working as hard as they can to get updated windows out to everyone but that they will be occurring throughout the summer. She apologized for the lack of clarity in communication in typical CS fashion.
Sponsored