Sponsored

The rain is finally here, PNW! And so are the sensor issues...

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Two days in to the rainy commute season and I've already become a spoiled brat after the extended summer. Hoping I'm not the only whiny adult toddler here, and venting my first world problems.

Yesterday it was a parking sensor during low speed bumper to bumper on the highway. I was not within parking distance, but it beeped as if I was about to bump the car. I gave at least a couple vehicle lengths.
Rivian R1T R1S The rain is finally here, PNW! And so are the sensor issues... PXL_20221024_152521456.MP

Today it's the ACC cutting off.
Rivian R1T R1S The rain is finally here, PNW! And so are the sensor issues... PXL_20221025_220748623

Can't we just regular cruise control?

End rant. Bring on more rain please.
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Two days in to the rainy commute season and I've already become a spoiled brat after the extended summer. Hoping I'm not the only whiny adult toddler here, and venting my first world problems.

Yesterday it was a parking sensor during low speed bumper to bumper on the highway. I was not within parking distance, but it beeped as if I was about to bump the car. I gave at least a couple vehicle lengths.
PXL_20221024_152521456.MP.jpg

PXL_20221025_220748623.jpg

Living in SoCal would gladly put up with that annoyance to get some of that liquid gold to fall…. 😉

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021+ Tesla MS Plaid, R1T Adventure
Occupation
Retired
Yep, rainy, windy, gloomy and cool here in Maple Valley, WA as well. Just in time for my window tint appointment tomorrow at Accutint in Bellevue…..

3l3c7r1c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited, 2012 Honda CR-V
Wow! Did it work well in the smoke though?

I am fan of my Palisade's adaptive cruise control and LKA as it works (mostly) even on rainy days. When I go to the mountain though, sometimes ACC stops working possibly because radar sees obstruction with sand & salt layer.

atebit

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Porsche Boxster
Clubs

Yup, have had similar issues here in PA during not particularly strong storms. Of all the recent vehicles I’ve had with driver assistance sensors, R1T is definitely the most fiddly when it comes to weather.

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Camera glare here. Stick it in tow mode if you want normal cruise.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
I haven't really had any sensor issues yet but I have had to get back in the habit of wiping the front/rear view cameras before I get in the truck and it's been parked outside. They're (esp the back one) utterly useless with a little bit of moisture on them.

Note to manufacturers: This is a serious issue that needs to get resolved for every vehicle, since almost all of them have cameras like those these days. It's really frustrating and often happens at times when you MOST need the cameras.

OP
OP
Riviot

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Note to manufacturers: This is a serious issue that needs to get resolved for every vehicle, since almost all of them have cameras like those these days. It's really frustrating and often happens at times when you MOST need the cameras.
I don't remember where I saw it, but I could've sworn I've seen a vehicle with a camera sprayer connected to the windshield line. Like it would squirt the camera. And this was years ago.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Sunday Night is the 100mm climax!

Sponsored

Hyro

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
tech
PNW-er here. My P2 did really great in last year's rainy season. ACC ("Pilot") never cut out. No false readings. I'm currently doing a DIY ceramic (turtle wax hybrid) on my R1T, hoping that good beading will keep the cameras clear.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I don't remember where I saw it, but I could've sworn I've seen a vehicle with a camera sprayer connected to the windshield line. Like it would squirt the camera. And this was years ago.
The rear camera on the ID4 has this, it was great.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

My 2018 Bolt had a sprayer on the backup camera. I think the R1S has one there as well.

W1SE

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Bronco, 2018 VW Atlas
Occupation
Branch manager
Clubs

Also a PNWer here. I was charging in the rain tonight and it wouldn’t connect. I think a little rain got in the plug. Had to shake it out and reset the charger. All fixed.

And yes, the sensor issue stink. I do agree that Hyundai really does a good job with their sensors and ACC.

Legi0n

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Blue
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Yep, rainy, windy, gloomy and cool here in Maple Valley, WA as well. Just in time for my window tint appointment tomorrow at Accutint in Bellevue…..
Let me know how it goes. I'm in Renton but need to get that done before spring. We had a long summer but at least I could plan ahead and cool down the truck before climbing in using the app.
Sponsored