Sponsored

The Power of Deep Learning/Neural Networks

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
This is not Rivian-related specifically, but pretty cool results using AI similar to what companies are using for Autonomous Driving capabilities.

Plus, I know there is a decent number of fellow tech people on here. And even for those who aren't, this is a use case that will change our world forever.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22045713/ai-artificial-intelligence-deepmind-protein-folding
You know, it'd be kind of cool to be able to put the excess compute power to work doing FoldingAt Home or something when the vehicle is just sitting in the garage at night.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
You know, it'd be kind of cool to be able to put the excess compute power to work doing FoldingAt Home or something when the vehicle is just sitting in the garage at night.
Your car can become a Bitcoin miner and make you a ton of $ - I like!

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My previous company deployed our hash cracking GPU box for Folding@Home & COVID.

For any not familiar, it's a cool program to crowdsource computing power for protein folding:

https://foldingathome.org/

OP
OP
skyote

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your car can become a Bitcoin miner and make you a ton of $ - I like!
There's not enough compute in a vehicle to make you any money.

I remember hearing about the guy that had some serious mining equipment in a Tesla. He was just taking advantage of free power though, because he had free supercharging.

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is not Rivian-related specifically, but pretty cool results using AI similar to what companies are using for Autonomous Driving capabilities.

Plus, I know there is a decent number of fellow tech people on here. And even for those who aren't, this is a use case that will change our world forever.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/22045713/ai-artificial-intelligence-deepmind-protein-folding
Skyote, Thanks for turning us on to this info and the FuturePerfect newsletter. This is an intriguing story and wonderful news.

Thanks again!
Sponsored