Sponsored

The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S!

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I made a set of carbon/e-glass flaps for my truck where the front fender opening was covered as well. I have not really noticed any appreciable range effect. I have noticed that my truck is now much cleaner.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Has anyone seen this impact range at all?
These sit directly behind the wheels so the difference would be negligible at best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
@TheCarbonGuards when I go to your site http://www.thecarbonguards.com/ I get a "This site can’t be reached" error today.
Its super weird. If you go to thecarbonguards.com it works perfectly fine, but when you put www in the URL its not recognized. We migrated our hosting from Google to Go Daddy late last year and that was a disaster. Go Daddy doesn't even have a way to help resolve the issue so thats why we started using www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com, which thecarbonguards.com will redirect to.

I'm glad you reminded me though! Originally, GoDaddy wasn't going to allow us to migrate back to google until after 90 days. Since then I've forgotten until now. I'll also update the website URL.

Good catch!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
No impact on range noticed
Based on what? How many miles? What speed? Compared to similar weather conditions without them? Inquiring minds would like to know. 😉

Riv_Ian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi TTS, Triumph TR6, Tiger Explorer
Occupation
CEO
Are the guards that block the front holes in production yet?

It looks like there is a sharp corner at the top of the front guards. Is it possible to get that rounded off?

onebadmofo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla MY LR
Occupation
I know how to exit VIM
Clubs

Its super weird. If you go to thecarbonguards.com it works perfectly fine, but when you put www in the URL its not recognized. We migrated our hosting from Google to Go Daddy late last year and that was a disaster. Go Daddy doesn't even have a way to help resolve the issue so thats why we started using www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com, which thecarbonguards.com will redirect to.

I'm glad you reminded me though! Originally, GoDaddy wasn't going to allow us to migrate back to google until after 90 days. Since then I've forgotten until now. I'll also update the website URL.

Good catch!
You're missing an A record for WWW subdomain in your DNS. If you need help, PM me.

quartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Clarity PHEV
Clubs

Love the looks/function! Do these guards require modifications to fit with EV Sportline Sliders?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Are the guards that block the front holes in production yet?

It looks like there is a sharp corner at the top of the front guards. Is it possible to get that rounded off?
Haven't been on in a minute! We've been setting up a lot of new equipment at the shop so I apologize for the delay. We are slowly working on the 3D models to test print the fender vent fillings so we'll update everybody on that soon.

With regards to the sharp corner. The Top of the Guard always sits 90 degreese relative to the pitch of the fender. To transition from the Guard, to the 45ish degree edge to the top without a large radius would make the top look like a round nub. We find that this is the best look. We do now put small radiuses on the corners though because our new CNC machine allows us to make smaller, finer, more intricate cuts without deviating from the design, compared to when we were manufacturing these entirely by hand.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur

M00v0vr

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T MY
Occupation
entrepreneur/ski race coach

baurat88

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Has anyone actually received and installed these? I ordered in March and keep getting delay excuses. I appreciate the email replays but I was told 2 weeks, then another 2, then another 2 to 4, and now end of July. I have requested a refund with no reply.
Sponsored