Sponsored

The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S!

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.theoriginalcarbonguards.com
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
We’re proud to announce the first carbon fiber parts for the Rivian R1T and R1S!

Carbon Guards was originally started in 2015 with the goal of producing the highest quality mud guards on the planet. It took several years, and several hundreds of sets produced to be able to finally lock in the right recipe. Several more years to perfect the manufacturing process. Now with well over 1500 sets sold worldwide we're proud to say that the best mud guards comes from Chicago.

Every Carbon Guard goes through a thirty-five step process from the unrolling of the raw carbon fiber to the packing and fulfillment of the individual order. Carbon Guards are designed and manufactured entirely in Chicago and employ 6 people.

We currently have one model available for both the Rivian R1T and the R1S. Fit and installation is the same across both models.

Every Carbon Guard comes,
  • Made with real carbon fiber
  • Infused with high quality epoxy
  • Coated with a layer of Expel clear bra for extra durability.
  • Back side coated with a black Kevlar infused textured coating for maximum durability.
  • No drill install
  • Designed & Made in Chicago (The only mud guard produced in the US for the R1T/R1S)
  • Carbon fiber guaranteed for life!
Please do note that our Carbon Guards (Including Rivian models) are the original Carbon Guards. Ordering from our website assures you are getting authentic Carbon Guards, not paying $250 for knock offs imported from over seas. Our Carbon Guards are in compliance with “16 CFR Part 323” regulations set by the FTC. Meaning, The Carbon Guards manufacturing, and all of it’s raw materials are all made in the US.

Prices are as followed.

Rivian R1T / R1S :
- 2x2 Carbon gloss/matte :$249
- Forged carbon gloss/matte :$289
- Hexweave (honeycomb) gloss/matte :$279
- Checkerboard (checkerflag) gloss/matte :$284

All members will get 10% off using promo code RIVIAN10.
Between now and Black Friday get an additional 5% (15% off total w/ free shipping) off using the same code.

Guards come in x4 styles of carbon in gloss or matte finishes. (These photos seem a bit large, but will edit them down later on)

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! Rivian1

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! Rivian3

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! RT-ST2

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! IMG_2024 copy

Please follow us on social media!
Instagram : @carbonguards
Tiktok : @TheCarbonGuards

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! Sample 1
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Hey! The two Rivian photos at the bottom are matte finish, the top is gloss. I now see how hard it is to tell that it’s gloss. I’ll get more photos up soon.

The last photo shows a gloss vs matte comparison.
Personally, I prefer matte because it’s naturally more hydrophobic than gloss.

I'm not sure if I'm properly quoting to your reply @
itselectric

countab45

First Name
aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
r1t white, locked tonneau in open position...
whats the install process with the adhesive? do we remove any factory fasteners or do they mount to inner liner with the 3m tape?

Sponsored

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
whats the install process with the adhesive? do we remove any factory fasteners or do they mount to inner liner with the 3m tape?
Good morning! The fronts mount with 3M VHB tape. The rears mount with two factory screws on the wheel wells with the assistance of 3M VHB tape.

With the Carbon Guards we include 3M Primer 94 which is an adhesive promoter. It increases the bond strength by up to 300% while still being safe on paint. Its what automakers use to mount lip spoilers and trim molding.

Guaranteed to stay on with proper prep and install.

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
We started laser etching all of our Carbon Guards with Made in Chicago / Illinois / USA stamps, as well as the positioning of the Guard. Front, rear, left, right. 12 sets shipped, two in stock!

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! IMG_2024 copy

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
EDIT: Nevermind, I need better glasses.

j.t.sexton

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I got the guards in twill/matte and installed them on the R1T. The installation was super easy. Took about 30 minutes. I used the promoter and they seem to be stuck on there good. The screws you remove for the back wheel wells are torx (I think) which I found in my tool kit. So make sure you have the proper tool to remove the four screws.

I know there have been problems in the past with orders, but my experience was great. Hope you have the same.

Sponsored

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
Great to hear as I placed an order last week.

bearcats513

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford Maverick, Chevrolet Bolt
Clubs

Would this affect efficiency or ground clearance? Any drawbacks?

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
I got the guards in twill/matte and installed them on the R1T. The installation was super easy. Took about 30 minutes. I used the promoter and they seem to be stuck on there good. The screws you remove for the back wheel wells are torx (I think) which I found in my tool kit. So make sure you have the proper tool to remove the four screws.

I know there have been problems in the past with orders, but my experience was great. Hope you have the same.
Thank you for posting! If you get a chance to post any photos, please do!
Great to hear as I placed an order last week.
Yours should arrive within a few days!

OP
OP
TheCarbonGuards

TheCarbonGuards

Site Sponsor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicles
Super73 RX
Occupation
Mud flap connoisseur
Would this affect efficiency or ground clearance? Any drawbacks?
So, these sit directly behind the tires, so the added drag is minimal, if at all. At least no greater than other forms of mud flaps / molded guards that are available. The benefit of ours is that these sit higher up on the vehicle compared to any other mud guard style product available for the Rivian models. That equals more coverage.

Generally, our Carbon Guards sit flush with the chassis because it's important to us that total ground clearance is retained. However, we do make them dip down a little bit below the chassis for some of the larger 4x4 vehicles. In this case roughly 2.25" for the R1T and R1S.

We also guarantee the carbon fiber for life :).

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
My set arrived last week and I installed them yesterday. This was exactly the type of splash guards I have been looking for.

I like the low profile look, Kevlar textured finish and the XPEL PPF film applied to the guards for protection.

Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! 15A54E00-63ED-4A19-B68B-7E1F36D1F2E6
Rivian R1T R1S The Original US made Carbon Guards for the Rivian R1T and R1S! 99DE6074-0F97-40BD-8784-16A31373B0D3
Sponsored