Please feel free to use this thread to DUMP all of your dealbreakers here. This way threads "shouldn't" get oversaturated with all the things that people think Rivian is missing in their R1 vehicle lineup.
UPdatedDeal breakers: (LE R1S)
- No ability to test drive
- Interior dimensions: Second row legroom, based on data seems to be small. Need to see it in person before making purchase
- Charging infrastructure
Potential deal breakers:
- Good financing (low APR) or leasing option
- Hoping 300+ means 330-350 miles so real useable is somewhat closer to 300.
- Road noise
- No fold flat (100%?) seats in the R1S
- The way the R1T rear seats fold (or don't)
- Lack of 120V in the Frunk
- Tailgate control location
- Motorcycle tie down capability
- Fitting a camper shell
- Design of the Gear Tunnel door latch
- No standard spare
- Can't fit bigger tires
- Can't fit smaller wheels
- Black wheels too expensive
- Colors cost more
- Only one tire available for the 21s
So many people have complained about different various details - at this rate nobody is going to buy one
I have updated the poll to include ZERO dealbreakers....No deal breakers for me right now. Biggest concern is timing issues on build out of high speed charging (especially in WY). 400 mile battery would make that less of an issue, but I’d actually prefer the 300 mile battery with a faster buildout of charges on the current black hole areas.
Biggest gripes are the abysmal color renderings in the Configurator and general lack of information put out by Rivian recently. We are getting really close to folks having to lock in their deliveries, and I have no idea what color I will end up selecting because the renderings seem to have no relationship to the “in the wild” pictures we’re seeing. Hopefully they will provide convenient options to see these things in person soon, but again, they are not being very open with those details either.