Sponsored

The Norwegian experience - get the MAX PACK !

Northish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Santa Cruz 5010, Focus RS
Occupation
Mfg. Engineer
Where you at in MN? I'm in Rochester. I had seen a graphic of the temp swings and we are literally the worst in the world. Its crazy
Today is actually our last official day in MN. We've moved just far enough east that we're now Wiconsinites by a few miles. Was in Rochester last weekend!

This might be the graphic you remember:
Rivian R1T R1S The Norwegian experience  -  get the MAX PACK ! 1634314428645

I've spent my whole (short) life in the maroon area between IA, MN and WI. You could say I've been marooned with weather extremes. I already feel bad for our R1T's climate control system; it will earn its keep. There are days when I envy pre-order folks in, say San Diego, where chargers are plenty and temps consistent. But the variety in Midwest seasonal activities keeps me occupied.

You can't be too rich, too thin or have too big a battery in your EV.
May your pockets ever be graced with money and your batteries with electrons ? ⚡

It’s easier here, in Celsius. -40 to +40 ?
As a US based engineer working on global programs I'd like to think I could have done wonderful things with the part of my brain that has been chained down with simply remembering Imperial to Metric conversions. ?
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
Today is actually our last official day in MN. We've moved just far enough east that we're now Wiconsinites by a few miles. Was in Rochester last weekend!

This might be the graphic you remember:
1634314428645.png

I've spent my whole (short) life in the maroon area between IA, MN and WI. You could say I've been marooned with weather extremes. I already feel bad for our R1T's climate control system; it will earn its keep. There are days when I envy pre-order folks in, say San Diego, where chargers are plenty and temps consistent. But the variety in Midwest seasonal activities keeps me occupied.

May your pockets ever be graced with money and your batteries with electrons ? ⚡

As a US based engineer working on global programs I'd like to think I could have done wonderful things with the part of my brain that has been chained down with simply remembering Imperial to Metric conversions. ?
That’s the one!

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
https://www.youtube.com/user/bjornnyland

This guy in Norway has tons of videos about EV life there, from 7 year old Model S and up.

Worth watching. While it is a factor, from what he's shown it's not *terrible* just something to be aware of.

He's taken cars north of the Arctic Circle even! pretty cool stuff.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
If Norway is your problem Max pack isn’t your solution…

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Glad to see that Chicago area weather sucks. I grew up there and spent my first 22 years there. Horrible weather! Love the city but I could never move back because of the weather. At least Wisconsin and Minnesota have nice lakes to live near.

Sponsored

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Probably the wrong thread for this but anyone knows the impact of the Max Pack on power figures? Initially most powerful setup was said to the 300 range version.
Wondering now If I’m mistaken between power and acceleration/speed…

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Probably the wrong thread for this but anyone knows the impact of the Max Pack on power figures? Initially most powerful setup was said to the 300 range version.
Wondering now If I’m mistaken between power and acceleration/speed…
Please tell me you don't need more power.

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Please tell me you don't need more power.
:D I don’t but I would not like less.
Exciting to get a pickup truck that will be much faster than my 911!!
Sponsored

Reactions: Max