electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
'22 R1T VIN 2xx, '19 Model 3, '70 Blazer
So, one of the things I eluded to back in this post was a Rivian jack puck. I can hear you now, "Big deal, Brenton. This has already been done". Well, the truth is you're right, but only kind of...

Jack pucks for Rivian's are no new thing. Yeah, we're late to the party. That said, we feel the current offerings, while sufficient, had opportunities for improvement. How did we arrive at said conclusion? We talked to a bunch of technicians who work on these vehicles day in and day out. Their feedback? The current pucks could be more stable and more versatile. We then took this feedback and went back to the drawing board. What we arrived at is the next high-quality product from Megawatt™.

The Megawatt™ Pro Series Billet Jack Puck provides the precision of a traditional 6061 aluminum puck with added features for stability. This is accomplished by a broader base and the addition of traction grooves. (These grooves help prevent dirt and liquid from becoming "ball bearings").

The new puck is also more functional. It is taller than other pucks. It is also the first magnetic jack puck to support two post lifts, floor jacks, AND bottle jacks. Lastly, it has a number of the standard features folks have come to expect in these pucks. This includes hard anodization for corrosion resistance and neodymium magnets for adhesion.

The Pro Series Billet Jack Puck from Megawatt™ is available in single and 4-packs. Its custom case contains precision foam (no more pucks banging around) and stores easily in your R1T, R1S or toolbox. Check them out at electruck4x4.com and feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

Cheers,
Brenton

Rivian R1T R1S The Next BIG Thing in Rivian Tools IMG_1194.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S The Next BIG Thing in Rivian Tools IMG_1199.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S The Next BIG Thing in Rivian Tools IMG_1196.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Oh, and here is a pre-production unit next to a pre-existing puck for size comparison.
Rivian R1T R1S The Next BIG Thing in Rivian Tools IMG_1099.JPG

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Looks like they are sold out, when do you expect to have stock?

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
I just don't understand why someone can't make jack pucks out of a cheaper material for a cheaper cost. Nothing against this product in particular but all of the existing options seem like fashion pieces and not simple, functional hunks of urethane or something. I can get 4 tesla pucks for $20 https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-Lifting-Jack-pad/dp/B07QR19NM9/

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Flared base, nice.

iKnowKenMeadows

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 volvo xc90, 19 gmc terrain
Occupation
operating engineer
Anyway to make one w a rubber base? Couple places mentioned these don’t work with a traditional lift, truck literally slides off the lift, from what I’m told.

Rousie13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2023 Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Anyway to make one w a rubber base? Couple places mentioned these don’t work with a traditional lift, truck literally slides off the lift, from what I’m told.
Don’t pretty much all lifts have rubber pads on them? All the lifts we had at work had rubber pads on them, so not sure how an aluminum puck would slide off of a rubber pad anymore than a vehicle would.

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
They'll be in and ready to ship in early Feb.
Very nice! I would have gotten a set were they available a month ago when I needed. I now have two sets (with and w/out mag) already.

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
Very nice! I would have gotten a set were they available a month ago when I needed. I now have two sets (with and w/out mag) already.
I mean, you can never have too many ;-). I kid. Thanks for the compliment!

Sponsored

OP
OP
electruck4x4

electruck4x4

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Electruck4x4.com
Vehicles
It depends. Many have inserts with rubber feet. Other shops use the stock lift surface which is often coated steel.

We considered rubber, but opted for just textured aluminum for ease of manufacture.

Last edited:

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
A puck that finally supports a bottle jack. Nice job!

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
It depends. Many have inserts with rubber feet. Other shops use the stock lift surface which is often coated steel.

We considered rubber, but opted for just textured aluminum for ease of manufacture.
Redirecting your reply to the following post -
Don’t pretty much all lifts have rubber pads on them? All the lifts we had at work had rubber pads on them, so not sure how an aluminum puck would slide off of a rubber pad anymore than a vehicle would.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I just don't understand why someone can't make jack pucks out of a cheaper material for a cheaper cost. Nothing against this product in particular but all of the existing options seem like fashion pieces and not simple, functional hunks of urethane or something. I can get 4 tesla pucks for $20 https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Model-Lifting-Jack-pad/dp/B07QR19NM9/
Different profile.. .the Tesla pads are literally a $2 hockey puck with a nipple on top. The Rivian pads are tall and thin and the have to support 2X the weight of the Tesla pads without wobble. I'm glad the Rivian pads are metal vs. rubber.

Rivian R1T R1S The Next BIG Thing in Rivian Tools 1673576982710

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Looks like the bottom grooves of the puck could support a nice o-ring inside :)
Sponsored