Sponsored

The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory!

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Ordered this a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. Love it....
Do you agree with Amazon reviewer in the link included in post #15 that the tray is difficult to remove once in place?
Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Ordered this a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. Love it.

I already had the two kind of mickey mouse clear bins in the console that served their purpose and still do. This one actually fits in above those two. So now have a three tiered console which is great considering how deep and narrow it is. Stuff I don't need very often in the bottom bin. The occasional use stuff in the lower bin and the regular use stuff in this new one. Now when I open the console, it looks like it has a tray designed for this truck, which it was. A well thought out piece. The rubber mats keep stuff from sliding. Finally a place to keep parking meter coins organized. Surprised Rivian doesn't offer something like this from the factory.

And as little as it may be, this is one of my happiest additions!

www.amazon.com/LFOTPP-2022-R1T-R1S-Sunglasses/dp/B0B973BBWV/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3Q26LBW9TJRUN&keywords=rivian+center+console&qid=1664000252&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjA1IiwicXNhIjoiMC4wMCIsInFzcCI6IjAuMDAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=rivian+center+console%2Caps%2C114&sr=8-4

www.amazon.com/dp/B0B7RGNVWD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
LFOTPP Car Center Console Organizer for 2022+ Rivain R1T / R1S Tray Glove Box Sunglasses Holder Car Accessories Secondary Storage Box (Black)

1663973257975-png-png.png

1663975696053.png

--------------------------------------------

On a separate note, just got the new Tire Pressure Sensor Monitors installed today and happy to report that they work great!

1663973368553-png-png.png

Thanks to Jon at https://tpms247.com/ for getting it done.

--------------------------------------------------

My prior thread with all of the accessories I've added, for those interested........
www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/accessories-floor-console-organizer-tesla-charger-adapter-phone-mount-bed-mat-etc.6246/
I am curious about the tire pressure monitoring system you bought. The vehicle comes with one and when I go to the tpms site Rivian is not listed.

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Metal tokens that need to be mined, then minted (from various metals), received in a pocket, dropped in a box, then collected by someone, and then hauled to a bank to assign value makes sense? lol...I get the old school thing, but its going away..

The concept of paper money, let alone metal money, is pretty dated and a bad idea tax-wise, theft, storage, fraud - I literally cannot imagine a good use case in the next decade...but just one persons opinion.
The point of paper money is that it cannot be shut off. Look at China which can prohibit you from buying or doing certain things because of a social credit score. If you have paper money it’s quite a bit harder to deny you goods or services.

Not only that but all digital money is tracked. Some people don’t like the idea of all their spending tabulated and tracked. Personally I rarely use cash but I don’t want it going away for these reasons.

twraps

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twraps.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Model S, Model 3
Clubs

Sponsored

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
I'd feel better about this if they could spell Rivian correctly in the item description!

I also don't see a notch in it to allow a charger wire to easily stick up and out the front? I'm sure it could squeeze past but not ideal? I have a wire for micro usb etc charging sticking out - and because my phone slides around too much on the wireless pad.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

I am curious about the tire pressure monitoring system you bought. The vehicle comes with one and when I go to the tpms site Rivian is not listed.
Per my following post, I just told the guy that they worked late Friday. Will take them a few days to get them on their website. In fact, he just replied this morning, so he didn't get my message until this morning and said exactly that. Possibly by the end of the week, they'll be up there. May not do any good to call ahead since they haven't processed them to sell just yet, but can always try. Otherwise, he said they'll be up in a few days.

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Do you agree with Amazon reviewer in the link included in post #15 that the tray is difficult to remove once in place?
It fits snugly in there. But, more found that you just need to tilt the armrests in just a little as they have a small lip on the bottom of them that it can hang up on when pulling it out. Tilt the arm rest, moves the lip away from the tray and allows it to come out. But yes, it's a snug fit, not difficult to get out, once you tilt the arm rest just little, but is snug. I guess for someone that needs to reach the stuff below on a very regular basis, maybe not the easiest in the world. I personally like the snug fit as it doesn't slide around or rattle and I'm one that rarely needs the stuff on the bottom.

I know some don't use coins, but I personally still do for parking meters. I also like how it's divided up with a long narrow area, a wider center area and a shorter narrow area. The rubber mats on the bottom are a nice touch. Being that the Rivian cordless charger is mostly useless, I also like that they put the little hole in there to run a usb-c cable through.

Down below, I have registration papers, pens for when the ones up top run out of ink (not very often), lug socket for the wheels, etc. All stuff that's good to have in the truck, but rarely need.

Last edited:

dulax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, TMY
I have one of these and I like the smaller compartments on the sides, fits my favorite altoids mints in one, and my fastrak in another. I'll never put quarters in there but oh well.

However, I do absolutely hate how hard it is to remove, I don't get to whats underneath often, but it would be literally impossible while driving, requires two hands, some force, and some fiddling.

I may try the TWraps one, I like the idea of it being felt lined like the ones in my wifes Model Y. I might miss the smaller compartments on the sides though.

Sacagawea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini Cooper, Harley
Bought a CreekT Center Console Organizer tray JL JLU 2018-2022 for a Jeep Gladiator Truck. Fits so the bottom of this abyss can hold things that I don't use as often; chargers for passengers who have different devices than mine for example. Tray comes with thin rubber liners you can put in or not. This company (CreekT) seems to have a few different sizes to organize center consoles. Hoping something like this tray will fit in the R1T. I have been wondering what people are doing with their registration and insurance cards that are normally in the now non-existent glove box.

Not sure the one I bought is still available but this one is similar.

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs