Sponsored

The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory!

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

DISREGARD FIRST ITEM (CONSOLE TRAY). WHILE I WAS ABLE TO GET IT IN JUST FINE AND IT'S A NICE PRODUCT OF GOOD OVERALL QUALITY, IT'S TOO TIGHT OF A FIT AND THAT REQUIRES PLIERS TO GET IT OUT. HAD A SIMILAR ISSUE WITH THE FIRST VERSION TWRAPS OFFERED, BUT THEY'VE REDONE THEIR CONSOLE TRAY AND IT NOW FITS GREAT. NOT QUITE AS FANCY AS THIS ONE IS AS IT DOESN'T HAVE THE RUBBER PADS OR DEDICATED COIN SLOTS, BUT IS A VERY NICE PRODUCT THAT FITS THE CONSOLE GREAT.

WWW.TWRAPS.COM FOR THOSE INTERESTED.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THE ONE IN THIS POST FOR THE REASONS NOTED ABOVE.

--------------------------------------------------------
ORIGINAL POST BELOW.

Ordered this a couple of weeks ago and it arrived today. Love it.

I already had the two kind of mickey mouse clear bins in the console that served their purpose and still do. This one actually fits in above those two. So now have a three tiered console which is great considering how deep and narrow it is. Stuff I don't need very often in the bottom bin. The occasional use stuff in the lower bin and the regular use stuff in this new one. Now when I open the console, it looks like it has a tray designed for this truck, which it was. A well thought out piece. The rubber mats keep stuff from sliding. Finally a place to keep parking meter coins organized. Surprised Rivian doesn't offer something like this from the factory.

And as little as it may be, this is one of my happiest additions!

***LINK REMOVED DUE TO FITMENT ISSUES DISCOVERED AFTER INSTALL. ***

LFOTPP Car Center Console Organizer for 2022+ Rivain R1T / R1S Tray Glove Box Sunglasses Holder Car Accessories Secondary Storage Box (Black)

Rivian R1T R1S The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory! 1663973257975-png-

Rivian R1T R1S The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory! 1663975696053

--------------------------------------------

On a separate note, just got the new Tire Pressure Sensor Monitors installed today and happy to report that they work great!

Rivian R1T R1S The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory! 1663973368553-png-

Thanks to Jon at https://tpms247.com/ for getting it done.

--------------------------------------------------

My prior thread with all of the accessories I've added, for those interested........
www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/accessories-floor-console-organizer-tesla-charger-adapter-phone-mount-bed-mat-etc.6246/
Sponsored

Last edited:

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Pictures or it didnt' happen ;)

Reactions: Rad
OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Can you take a picture in your vehicle and a video on how it goes in and comes out?
It's just a simple console tray like most cars have. Just drop it in. Photos on the amazon site show it better than any photo/video I could take.

Rivian R1T R1S The little things that make you happy - new console tray accessory! 1663988482805

Sponsored

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
The concept of metal coins in a tray in an EV in 2022 is hard to accept...lol

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The concept of metal coins in a tray in an EV in 2022 is hard to accept...lol
Around here, still have parking meters that accept coins. I'm still a cash use person. Why pay at the end of the month for something I can pay for now and be done with it? That's just me. I've adopted the future in many respects, but in many others, still prefer the good ol'-fashioned way.

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
Metal tokens that need to be mined, then minted (from various metals), received in a pocket, dropped in a box, then collected by someone, and then hauled to a bank to assign value makes sense? lol...I get the old school thing, but its going away..

The concept of paper money, let alone metal money, is pretty dated and a bad idea tax-wise, theft, storage, fraud - I literally cannot imagine a good use case in the next decade...but just one persons opinion.

Around here, still have parking meters that accept coins. I'm still a cash use person. Why pay at the end of the month for something I can pay for now and be done with it? That's just me. I've adopted the future in many respects, but in many others, still prefer the good ol'-fashioned way.

Last edited:

Christopher

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

There's another listing on Amazon for this item but $5 cheaper:

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Since Christopher didn't post a link to the other one he was referring to, I did a search and added the second link to the original post. Should share the links when possible. Appears to be the same item, sold by the same seller. $16 vs $21. For my preference, was easily worth either price.

Sponsored

Killer95Stang

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Falcon, F150, Flex and Explorer
Occupation
Engineer
I'm with the OP above... Not having physical money isn't quite ready for prime time. I mean, we still burn coal in many places to power a transformer to feed our EV's of "The Future." Also, you ever try to teach a child the value of money, without them having physical concept of money. Speaking of virtual money!! Even if I haven't actually lost money on bitcoin overall, because I never realized the gain, I'm sure not sitting where I was a year ago. Meanwhile, the $3000.00 I found the other day from the rainy day fund we had at home is still $3000.00.

Back on topic: I really like that tray and will getting something similar when the R1S arrives, but I won't put change in it because the rattling coins make me cringe. I have loud hotrod and autocross car that are so loud, that I can't even carry on a conversation. When I'm not driving those cars, I want it quiet enough to hear the voices in my head.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
I just might order one. I just hope the "Rivain" version they are selling fits in my Rivian. :)

On the topic of moving beyond ever using coins or cash, my credit cards solved that a long time ago by stepping up their rewards. Dropping a couple of useless coins in a meter or cash in a restaurant never paid for a scuba vacation. Paying the credit card bill once a month is a far more convenient way to be done with it then digging through pockets/wallets/organizers and filtering out the right combination of useless metal/paper dozens of times every month. Don't get me wrong, I'm a stuck in the old way of doing things for plenty of other things. Money just isn't one of them.

And one of my credit cards gives 3% on gas, groceries, and dining. I sent a question to my bank asking if they are going to give 3% back on EV charging. Currently the answer is no, but the reply was they thought it was a great idea and forwarded it as a recommendation.

Last edited:

EzMev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Old SUV
California, the largest state in the US by most metrics, hit 100% renewable for a bit in 2022...amazing. Millions things to critique, and poor decisions, but 100% is absolutely amazing for a state as large as a majority of countries. But it took some deciding to try new stuff...failure is awesome when you try hard stuff...anyway, coins should be gone in a decade, giant waste.

The concept of paper money, let alone metal money, is pretty dated and a bad idea tax-wise, theft, storage, fraud - I literally cannot imagine a good use case in the next decade...but just one persons opinion.
I'm with the OP above... Not having physical money isn't quite ready for prime time. I mean, we still burn coal in many places to power a transformer to feed our EV's of "The Future." Also, you ever try to teach a child the value of money, without them having physical concept of money. Speaking of virtual money!! Even if I haven't actually lost money on bitcoin overall, because I never realized the gain, I'm sure not sitting where I was a year ago. Meanwhile, the $3000.00 I found the other day from the rainy day fund we had at home is still $3000.00.

Back on topic: I really like that tray and will getting something similar when the R1S arrives, but I won't put change in it because the rattling coins make me cringe. I have loud hotrod and autocross car that are so loud, that I can't even carry on a conversation. When I'm not driving those cars, I want it quiet enough to hear the voices in my head.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Also, you ever try to teach a child the value of money, without them having physical concept of money.
I didn’t give this much thought until you posted, but I have! I think it might have been easier than teaching with real money.

Instead of the different values of a coin. They know the numbers in their savings accounts. They know they have a “credit card” for lunch, and that when it’s empty, we need to transfer from the bank to the card. It really wasn’t hard at all, and I didn’t even give it thought until now

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Another listing for the same thing, with a review:

Very tight fit. Nice quality finish like you would normally get in a vehicle. However it fits very tight. You have a square that is beveled to fit within another square that is slightly larger so there is no room to turn it to take it out. Pull it straight out you say? Can't because the arm rest doors cantilever inwards . So if you want this to store every day items on top and seldom used items on the bottom where you only need them once in a while its works fine. If you need to constantly get to the bottom cubby you will get aggravated quickly. I find slide it front to back to get it in, And rotate it from the passenger side towards the driver side to get it out. **It will scratch the plastic on the bottom of the armrest doors eventually **
I believe he's talking about the width of the tray basically filling the entire top and the width of the flaps on top being narrower. To get to anything underneath, you need to completely remove the tray, and you'll need to be very careful with it to not mar the flaps, if you can even do so.

I had to make mine slightly narrower so it dropped right in, and smaller overall because I found myself accessing items underneath (like Kleenex for my kids) more than what I was expecting and I didn't want to remove the damn thing every time.
Sponsored