First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, XC60, Dakota
Occupation
Engineer
You can see the clips on Rivian’s Intstagram. Behind RJ is a full assembly line. Certainly it’s running slower than they would like, but there’s no extra spacing. Additionally, most of the cars right now look like granite and white or silver. Last, it’s clear they only paused the line while RJ spoke and it wasn’t there just for show because you can see workers in position on the line in reflective vests. This is exactly what we want to see. If a component was missing due to supply issues, either the line would be idle or we would see trucks backing up in the parking lot. I read this as they are delivering them as fast as they can make them.

Rivian R1T R1S The line looked busy this morning… 29D48326-D464-4034-937E-DDF0C562F57E
Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I'm still in the R1T camp, but the more I look at a Rivian Blue R1S, the more I like it.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
If I didn't need the truck bed to haul random crap to the dump, or from home improvement/garden stores... I'd go for an R1S in a heartbeat.

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
For those debating whether to get the R1T vs the R1S, I went through the same debate over pickup vs SUV several years ago, and decided that I really needed the SUV for hauling family members, dog and long work trips, so got this lightweight aluminum (no rust!) trailer pictured below for about $1500 at the time. It only weighs about 400 pounds, and is very easy for me to move by hand. With the jack in front having a wheel, I can also roll it around my driveway even when loaded. The sides and front can be removed when I want a flat trailer or need to remove or load something from the side. It has worked well, I use the trailer at least 20 times a year. Having said that, I'll be retiring in a few years and having more need of a truck and less of a second SUV (my wife also has one), so looking forward to the R1T. I do realize having a trailer means needing a place to store one. This one is light enough you could roll it by hand around to the side of a house, but it wouldn't work for everyone that's for sure.
Rivian R1T R1S The line looked busy this morning… IMG_0256.JPG

Blur1t

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
If I didn't need the truck bed to haul random crap to the dump, or from home improvement/garden stores... I'd go for an R1S in a heartbeat.
I totally agree, fish in a car just don’t mix. Some smells you just can’t get out.. ? my son left a container of worms in the hot car once…?

Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
For those debating whether to get the R1T vs the R1S, I went through the same debate over pickup vs SUV several years ago, and decided that I really needed the SUV for hauling family members, dog and long work trips, so got this lightweight aluminum (no rust!) trailer pictured below for about $1500 at the time. It only weighs about 400 pounds, and is very easy for me to move by hand.
IMG_0256.JPG
My only issue with a trailer, is storage.

I have a Yakima Rack and Roll I use for my Kayaks and Thule with my Tesla X.

It works well enough as it collapses down... but at 350 pound limit... ya not hauling much. ?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
For those debating whether to get the R1T vs the R1S, I went through the same debate over pickup vs SUV several years ago, and decided that I really needed the SUV for hauling family members, dog and long work trips, so got this lightweight aluminum (no rust!) trailer pictured below for about $1500 at the time. It only weighs about 400 pounds, and is very easy for me to move by hand. With the jack in front having a wheel, I can also roll it around my driveway even when loaded. The sides and front can be removed when I want a flat trailer or need to remove or load something from the side. It has worked well, I use the trailer at least 20 times a year. Having said that, I'll be retiring in a few years and having more need of a truck and less of a second SUV (my wife also has one), so looking forward to the R1T. I do realize having a trailer means needing a place to store one. This one is light enough you could roll it by hand around to the side of a house, but it wouldn't work for everyone that's for sure.
IMG_0256.JPG
I’ve owned several trucks and like the form factor. I started buying SUVs when my wife said she didn’t like driving my truck. I bought a folding utility trailer so I could still make runs to the home improvement store and haul things. It’s NOT the same as having a truck. The trailer has let me limp along, but I certainly avoid doing projects now, where before I would actively seek them out. With a truck, I’d always have capability with me. With a trailer, I have to plan everything and make sure I have the trailer when I need it. it’s harder to park. Driving around town with a trailer is less convenient. Other drivers see a trailer and they get even more aggressive and stupid than normal. I always get cut off when towing and even if I’m going a few over the speed limit (with flow of traffic) people will aggressively change lanes around me because no one wants to be behind a trailer.

Trailers are great when you need to tow something that is simply too big for a truck — or too heavy to easily lift into a bed. But for 95% of what I do, a truck is immeasurably better and a huge quality-of-life improvement.

For anyone who thinks they can live with an SUV and just use a trailer…. You can but my experience is that it sucks.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Very smart.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
The line was definitely not idle. But I suppose it could have been a galactically expensive publicity stunt:

Rivian R1T R1S The line looked busy this morning… CAD9ADC2-0F2B-4E81-AE5F-0E3D60AAFE7F

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
I still don’t see a good place to put a tag in front. Has anyone seen one in the wild (or photo of one with license plate up front)?

Rivian R1T R1S The line looked busy this morning… 1636637312093

Sponsored

CharlieSA

First Name
Nicolas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Rogue, 2018 Acadia
Occupation
Number geek
So line looks busy but just to be sure… no one here has one in their driveway, right? ?

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

The line was definitely not idle. But I suppose it could have been a galactically expensive publicity stunt:

CAD9ADC2-0F2B-4E81-AE5F-0E3D60AAFE7F.png
Based on this picture and someone referencing people milling about appearing to be doing QC without any particular organization, I would say that they stockpiled a few days worth of production to line them up and had some workers doing a once over on them when they knew the cameras would be rolling. I wouldn't quite call that a publicity stunt and it wouldn't cost them any more than an hour or so worth of productivity.

It's what I would call a "dog and pony show"

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

I still don’t see a good place to put a tag in front. Has anyone seen one in the wild (or photo of one with license plate up front)?

1636637312093.png
My plan is to put a winch on the front and mount the license plate to the fairlead with something like this:
https://www.quadratec.com/p/fishbone-offroad/hawse-fairlead-license-plate-mount

Another thing I might do is get this platypus mount and modify it to work with the front bumper.

If you don't get the off road pkg, there will probably be a tow hook mount somewhere on the front. There are several kits that can take advantage of that for a license plate mount.

Reactions: Max

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Wouldn't be surprised if they had some of their employees park their trucks on the line for this photo :CWL:
Sponsored